• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor Courses

indoors....

I live in western mass. We have a ton of old dead factories- many floors, high ceilings, just waiting for a course. I agree heating would be an issue- but I figure keep it pretty cold, so pipe don't freeze, still way better than out in the snow or rain/mud.... Making those old buildings ready for a code inspection would be costly- but I'm not sure if a recreation facility is coded differently than residential/habitable space. I have some ideas about elevation and terrain as well as fairway separation to conserve space. I think it would be hard, but feasible, esp. if coupled with a mini golf/ laser tag/ electric go cart/ driving range/ paintball/ skate park/ something...Seems like the towns would rather something than a big dead eyesore....Even a single floor strip mall or K mart could fit a 9 hole or a pitch and putt 18, just food for thought. Holler back if anyone wants to get the ball rolling.

Just imagine some of the really cool skip shots you could come up with on the hard flooring. :eek: That would be really fun. Plus, this would be a great way to get your newer discs broke in over the winter. :cool:

in door disc golf

i was thinking why could we not use one of the indoor golf simulaters they hit them golf ball pretty hard at them i think if someone put a little thought in to it it is possible i would pay to play on something like that in the winter or the rainy spring times in mi cant really play now cause we have over a foot of snow here now

They have a video game for ball golf that lets you hit the ball into a large screen, so why not the same type of thing for disc golf? This would only be hard because your disc might not have the same fade to the left and right, so every shot would be right down the middle if you hit it right on.
I've often wondered this myself

Indoor disc golf would be pretty sweet, but I think it would get old pretty quick. It would never change with the seasons like our outdoor course do. No wind, no sunshine, no grass, no trees, no water. Sounds pretty boring to me. I like putting indoors for practice, so maybe an elaborate indoor putting gallery like the youtube video someone posted. That would be cool. Give me the outdoors though. That's most of the enjoyment of the game for me.

Back in the day mountaineers and die hard rock climbers decide to make wooden holds in their apartments and other "warm" places and now looks what it's become. Cities all over the country and world have huge amazing indoor rock climbing gyms. It's a bit different but who knows, disc golf is getting popular.

i like the idea of setting up your own mini disc course. how cool would that be, playing in your office instead of working?

I would get nothing done. You could also do this at your home which would be great for when your snowed in.

The old OLYMPIA BEER Brewery in Tumwater WA. I drive by this abandon brewery everyday and think about how much fun it would be to have a course IN and around that place! Multiple levels, long tight corridors, wide open roof top shots!! Think Industrial Golf! Until then I've got my mini basket and a livingroom!

Indoor disc golf would be pretty sweet, but I think it would get old pretty quick. It would never change with the seasons like our outdoor course do. No wind, no sunshine, no grass, no trees, no water. Sounds pretty boring to me. I like putting indoors for practice, so maybe an elaborate indoor putting gallery like the youtube video someone posted. That would be cool. Give me the outdoors though. That's most of the enjoyment of the game for me.

my sentiments exactly. the outdoor experience is a big part of the satisfaction for me, though thats a lot easier to say in coastal california where it doesn't snow...

Wii does have disc golf, tiger woods 2009 has disc golf thats fairly accurate to real life , or theres Wii vacation which has frisbee golf but with a cartoon charactor and no baskets just a bullseye to throw at, also ive played a few online flash versions of disc golf games, not very accurate to real life but fun anyway. Those are my michigan winter courses when im stuck inside.

Wii Sports Resort (for Wii duh) is pretty nice I think. The fairways are open but still present a challenge for players of all skill levels. I believe the Wiiware downloadable disc golf game will be available in December *crosses fingers*. If "PDGA Presents Disc Golf" is anything like WSR we are all in for a treat!

I agree Bubble Driving ranges

Actually I've been designing exactly how i think it could work out. I just need to find a developer and the money to get it started. It's definitely is an instant money maker in the Winter months, especially in the Ann Arbor Area!

The Bubble Driving ranges are the perfect thing to use, put 3 on the same property and connect them to a bar/restaurant/proshop you got a instant money maker! :clap:

I agree about the sports dome. I have actually considered this as a viable investment. I am surprised to see someone from my own hometown (Bay City) is also interested!

Some people are putting together an arrangement to use the Metrodome for disc activities sometime this winter. We'll have the whole stadium area available but not the corridors circling it which is where they have rollerbladers.

i like the idea of setting up your own mini disc course. how cool would that be, playing in your office instead of working?

Like the idea.

When I say that I am playing disc golf in the winter. People ask if there is a inside course and I say no do you know wear a indoor course is. NO LUCK.:wall:

I agree. Disc golf on the Wii would rule. They should make it where you could design your own course as well.

The design your own course would be great. I've played the DG game on Wii Resort, and it recycles several of the holes from Wii Sports ball golf. If that isn't insulting...:thmbdown:

Latest posts