• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

I got to feel up the Christmas and stock stamp champ Atlas today. Nice stiff/grippy plastic. The ones I saw had the slightest of domes on them. Could be a winner, but I passed for now.

I got my new champ atlas this past weekend and thought it was a very hard, rigid plastic. Seems like the first time it would hit a tree it would just shatter. Anyone else think this?

I got my new champ atlas this past weekend and thought it was a very hard, rigid plastic. Seems like the first time it would hit a tree it would just shatter. Anyone else think this?

Yup, I was kinda hoping for the same gumminess that the stars offer but I got a stiff disc as well.

I traded for a slightly used star atlas at 180g finally. Used it the last few days, and I like it but it has too much overlap for me. I can hit any line it can fly with a worn in roc (or shark). Even pulling out my mako3's, at least until it warms up some. Rocs are all I need! I may carry my atlas in my stays-in the-car bag and use it for one disc rounds. I do like the grip I can get on the rim, but no reason to confuse my confidence in other discs by having too much overlap.

The proto I have is very soft and flexible (idk about gummy but soft) and the production run I have is very stiff. The champs intrigue me but I'm not buying any more until I lose one.

I am really liking my Atlas.

The first one I tried is one of the star plate and ring from the Am Worlds. Very flexible and I love how I can control it. I then tried a champ metal flake from the Women's US disc golf championship. That was a little more over stable but still a straight flyer. It sounded like the ring was loose from the plate when it landed.

Now I have a proto star stamped star Atlas and I have had some more great shots with that. It's not as flexible as the star Atlas with the Am Worlds stamp. I'm not sure but the Am stamp might be the 1st run.

They are all completely flat discs. I agree they are like a broken in Roc and that's the slot it's taken in my bag. Although it doesn't turnover as well as a Roc would but it holds a nice an-hyzer line.

Latest posts