• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Calendar

It is never too late or too early to submit calendar photos.

calendarATinnovadiscgolf.com

Does anyone here have any insight on what exactly innova is looking for?......I love hole 4 at BRP and that other pic is a good pic, but I don't think it does the hole justice (you can't see the basket, you have to see where the basket is on that hole to appreciate it)

Ever seen a UPS Calendar? I can assure you it doesn't include any photos of USPS mail carriers or FedEx trucks. It is really common sense. INNOVA prefers to feature photos with DISCatcher Targets. And while Nate is the 3X World Champion and a great guy, he won't likely make the calendar no matter how awesome the photo.

If a course doesn't have DISCatchers, avoid sending close up photos of the baskets. Rather, focus on the general beauty of the course or the thrill of watching a player execute a great shot - like Scott at BRP. Submit shots featuring INNOVA targets, INNOVA discs or players wearing INNOVA clothing.

Sadjo only submitted one photo. Not only did his one photo make the calendar, he also won the drawing for the DISCatcher Sport Target!

love the pic sadjo?.........Does anyone here have any insight on what exactly innova is looking for?......I love hole 4 at BRP and that other pic is a good pic, but I don't think it does the hole justice (you can't see the basket, you have to see where the basket is on that hole to appreciate it) Sorry I guess I'm a little bitter because I think I was standing right behind the photographer. Was that pic taken during the Majestic?

Yes. We had four groups backed up at that point, a very common thing at the Majestic. Short of standing on a chair, I am not sure how one could get the basket, the player, and the disc all in one shot. The second shot I posted here, belonging to someone with a cellphone camera, he was standing on the stump to the right of the tee box. I do not know if that would have made a difference with my camera, but there is no way from that angle to get everything as well.

This one obviously did not get picked, but I think gives the best impression of the difficulty and majesty of the hole.

5862227458_3aab30b3e1.jpg

I would go for shots that show off great holes during a particularly strong season or a high-profile tournament (that way it can be tied to a particular month). Maybe also pictures of women and children playing. Most importantly I would go for clean, clear, and unique shots that show disc golf at its best. Deadbody, who won last year, had a wonderful shot of his son teeing off of Giant's Ridge Hole #13 I believe. If you have ever been up to that part of Minnesota where there is some natural elevation, the sights are breathtaking. So, I do not see how FredVegasDGC's photo cannot win next year.

I think I submitted something like 25 pictures for consideration, and those were the ones I felt were best amongst the 300 some pictures I have of people playing. Next year I am heading back to Highbridge with my league and this time around I will have my expensive camera with. Looking forward to having some hopefully amazing shots.

Last edited:
I carry my camera with me almost every time I play. My main goal is getting good pictures of my boys playing and the beauty of the course. I have several spring pictures I was hoping to enter this year but I had a computer crash and haven't been to save all the lost files yet.

Scott, I actually submittede a shot of Me playing 4 at BRP during the winter, the only problem is you can clearly see my disc as it is about to hit a ****ing tree :)

Sent in a couple of Dylan at Larson Park in south Dakota. Didn't get picked this year, maybe next.

Scott, I actually submittede a shot of Me playing 4 at BRP during the winter, the only problem is you can clearly see my disc as it is about to hit a ****ing tree :)

Sent in a couple of Dylan at Larson Park in south Dakota. Didn't get picked this year, maybe next.

One of better shots that was taken of me during our road trip unfortunately includes the picture of the disc as well. My prized Star TeeBird is miliseconds away from smashing into a tree less than 20 feet off the tee box.

6258498896_d3a77c1b93.jpg

Of course, there is this shot, where the Pro Destroyer was already out of the frame, but it did not matter anyway because it was a fun shot. I had already used my mulligan a few holes back. I just needed to prove I could throw more than 100 feet.

6257972565_1cc309563b.jpg

Fall colors are in their peak right now...took my camera with me to work and stopped by a course on the way in and got some great fall color picks.

Oct. 17 must be the day the let the winners know. My dad (Laser) got one in this year, I'll get a pic up later this afternoon. We're trying to remember what hole it's from, maybe someone here will be able to help (Hole 8 at the fun farm? Is that the one at the top of the hill, nice scenery behind the basket, maybe a barn and some horses in the distance).

I am upset I missed the deadline because I have a ton of what I think are great pictures. Oh well, that just means I will have to submit more next year.

7989903572_39a6ed7af2.jpg

6819530143_8ea46597d5.jpg

6797622261_9278771928.jpg

7989895537_5872d56584.jpg

Bah, I'm bummed. I submitted 5 or 6 pics I thought were pretty rad, but no balloons and flashing lights today. It'll be cool to see which ones beat mine out though!

This isn't the exact picture, but similar, will be Oct 2013. Hole 8 at the Fun Farm, taken by Laser.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1030750.jpg
    P1030750.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 279
I've been checking their FB page for the last week. I'm hoping a couple of my winter shots might make it.

Attachments

• DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 66
I've been checking their FB page for the last week. I'm hoping a couple of my winter shots might make it.

You would have been notified if one of your pictures made it. They normally send emails to verify your address. They also list winners on their front page of their website.

I have the November picture in 2013.

That's my 4th picture in the past three years to make it into the calendar. I had the cover photo and April in 2011, December 2012 and November 2013.

I think you are a little late on that, the cut off for sending in pictures is the end of September. And as much as I hate to help out my competition, I'll let you know they probably won't use pictures that are in that portrate style, as they don't work so well with the shape of the calendar.

On the plus side though I did get Febuary again this year. :thmbup:

251947_3161175430441_1945600303_n.jpg

I won't be bothering with submitting any more in the future.

Don't let not making the calendar a year or two keep you from submitting. I submitted pictures a couple of years before I had any that made the calendar. I've had pictures I submitted in the past end up in their catalog.

It's hard to sometime understand what they may be looking for. You have some fabulous pictures. I'd bet yours have been close to making it before they decided on their final 15.