• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova DISCatcher Sport VS. Lightning DB5

Rat_

Bogey Member
Does anyone have either of these baskets?

They both seem to be pretty = but I just wanted to get some firsthand feedback if one is much better.

Anyone added extra interior chains to one of them?

Thanks!

this is about 3 weeks to early for me to comment but...
I just ordered a DB5
I have previously tried a Sport that was a setup as a temporary basket
I found the Sport to be a little wobbly...like it couldn't be fully tightened up

would make a nice practice basket

from what I understand the DB5 is pretty hard core for a practice basket and comes in at 55 pounds to the sports 40

I think the overall materials and construction are heavier on the DB5

I will be adding an extra layer of chains (the ones from my broken skillshot)

the DB5 is more money than the Sport but (at least for me being in Canada) once shipping was factored in I actually got the DB5 for less than the Sport would have been

I got my DB5 for $225 shipped
Edit: the Sport would have been around $260

shipping might be included on these for those of you in the US

I love my discatcher sport. Perfect practice basket and catches great with just one set of chains. A+

I had this same choice earlier this year, and ended up going with the Sport. They work just fine, and we haven't bothered to add an extra layer of chains.

The final decision was based on 2 things at the time. 1) the Sport had free shipping, and 2) the DB5 was out of stock for a couple of weeks. So it ended up being cheaper and quicker to go with the Sport. The DB5 does look like it would be beefier, but we haven't had any problems with the Sport either.

Both are solid heavy baskets, not something you put out just for a few hours, these are good if you lock them up in your yard.

DB5 is almost as heavy duty as a standard basket but with single chains. catches well but has a big target area. the discatcher sport isn't as burly but has a smaller catching area. also, its really easy to make them more sturdy

DB5 sounds nice but I've got a DC Sport. I've had it living outside for about 6 years and it's held up great. I added some extra chains - it does make a difference. No complaints. It's stable and easy to pick up with one arm and huff it around to different locations in the yard.

basket.jpg

I have a Discatcher sport, traveller, skill shot, and an imitation of a Discatcher sport called a Quikshot. They all have advantages, but if I were to leave one of these out in the elements with out worry it would be the discatcher sport.

I have a DB5 and added inner chains. Thing is indestructable. It's been threw 3 Tahoe winters with no signs of rust or anything. The only problem I had is when I got it was there was some ruff spots around the basket that would tear the heck out of my outters. 10 minutes with a grinder and she's smooth as silk now. I'm very happy with the durability and the fact that it breaks down to take camping. I'd reccommend it. :thmbup: