• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
KRAIT
Our latest prototype is now PDGA approved.
The Krait is a fast, speed 11 distance driver which falls between the Archon and the Wraith on the stability scale. The Kraits unique ability to achieve a mellow low speed fade, while simultaneously resisting high speed turn makes it a perfect choice for long range shot shaping off the tee.
read more: http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/491-new-disc-krait-is-pdga-approved.html

it doesnt have that archon/vulcan top does it? I cant stand the feel in the hand, but wraith is a bit too strong for me, but love the discs feel

it doesnt have that archon/vulcan top does it? I cant stand the feel in the hand, but wraith is a bit too strong for me, but love the discs feel

You sound like you're right where I am... I recently got a 150 Blizzard Wraith and it has been pure gold for me. Just a thought :)

Well, according to their flight stats if a Wraith is just a slightly slower Destroyer then the Krait is just a slightly slower TeeDevil.

I doubt it has a vulcan top. The wraith with that top is the archon. I suppose it could be a vulcan top with a teerex or max bottom, but that seems strange.

overheard at a secret 'nova testers coven,

"the Krait has taken Destroyers out of my bag that have been there for 3 years.."

one bliz star Krait, about 139g, please :)

The one thing that interests me about this disc is what the DX stamp is going to look like.

The one thing that interests me about this disc is what the DX stamp is going to look like.

That's if they make it in DX at all. A Krait is a snake though, so probably similar to all their other snake discs.

A straight long drive with mellow fade with resistance to turn? So.....an innova sword? Because I would kill for a blizzard Sword. Really, I would. :D

Last edited:
I'm excited for this mold quite a bit. I was very impressed with the Archon, but have been scared of using it too much because I know it's not a very long time until it just breaks into a sidewinder. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sidewinders. I just think that a Krait should break into a VERY fun mold.... I anticipate my destroyers finding themselves a new friend. And no, I'm not really wanting one in blizzard. That stuff is for all out distance, I am looking for workhorse distance driver material. :D

And no, I'm not really wanting one in blizzard. That stuff is for all out distance, I am looking for workhorse distance driver material. :D

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't use blizzards for a workhorse either. And I would carry heavier, regular plastic for most throws. But for those shots when I do pull out a blizzard disc I would much prefer something that flies like my swords in blizzard plastic than my blizz bosses (I still like the bosses though :D)

So a tester who max's out close to 500ft said its not flippy like roller flippy but will turn and turn and turn and not come back when he hits it full power. Nice s curves and also very straight if thrown right.

This kid is legit and if he's happy since he's a pick sob then i can wait to get my hands on one. Just wish they did star first instead of champ =/

I disagree with the idea that blizzards are necessarily just for all out distance. At least not for everyone. I don't see the value of blizzard discs being max distance, but easy distance. A disc that goes just as far, but not farther, with less power is a more accurate disc. A more accurate shots leads to lower scores. My primary use for blizzards is long, lower power approaches and accuracy shots.

I disagree with the idea that blizzards are necessarily just for all out distance. At least not for everyone. I don't see the value of blizzard discs being max distance, but easy distance. A disc that goes just as far, but not farther, with less power is a more accurate disc. A more accurate shots leads to lower scores. My primary use for blizzards is long, lower power approaches and accuracy shots.

True, but I wasn't making a statement about all blizzard or light weight discs before everyone gets on my case. I just don't want a Krait in blizzard. I'm desparate for some good ol' broken in destroyer-like flights and don't have the time to break in new ones. I have a 150 flick, 150 champ teebird, and 150 champ leopard i use for easy distance (anything under 400) as it stands, so that's all I am saying.

Latest posts