• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Innova Polecat?

I've thrown a polecat into a headwind. I've thrown the bite into a heady too. I ain't scared (I also don't live in Texas).

The Polecat was my first putter I've ever had and I still have it in my bag. Great for laying up!

I've only carried 175s (with the occasional premi for fun) so I'll go with that.

The better question is, what do you hope to get out of your Polecat?

165g for sure, in either plastic. I have a few across different weights but right there is my favorite.

Does anyone turbo putt with these? Seems like they would have more surface area for your fingers to grip but I wonder how they fly turbo style?

Polecat question for all you Polecat throwers- If you could only carry one Polecat what weight would your Polecat be? :popcorn:

160-165. It's a good medium between conventional golf disc predictability and manipulable, magical lid tricks.

Is keltik dead? I would have thought that Champ Polecats would have gotten his attention.

Is keltik dead? I would have thought that Champ Polecats would have gotten his attention.

He hasn't been around as much lately. I assume real life gets in the way of internet forums. But he did post in the Champ Polecat thread...so he knows about them for sure.

I've only carried 175s (with the occasional premi for fun) so I'll go with that.

The better question is, what do you hope to get out of your Polecat?

I need to disc down, 2 and 3 speed putters are just to fast.:)

I was thinking about getting one to screw around with and maybe add to the bad. Also, I plan to play some one disc rounds with just to be "that guy." I was going to go 175 but I remember some people saying that the heavy ones don't fly as good. So I figured I would ask.

I'm adapting quite nicely to the max weight champ :D

First throw drilled chains to save par from 60 feet, and it's been money on approaches. If they run them again I'll try to find a lighter one for comparison, but I'm in love with this one. If I need more float I have my 165 r-pro on standby

These slower, lid-like discs are super fun to use on the course. I never got into Polecats but I love my Zepher. Only problem is I have to take out 2-3 discs from my Grip to get it to fit without a fight

These slower, lid-like discs are super fun to use on the course. I never got into Polecats but I love my Zepher. Only problem is I have to take out 2-3 discs from my Grip to get it to fit without a fight

If it's as wide as a Condor (not a lid but super wide diameter), a Zephyr won't fit in the main compartment of my Ergo 1. The Condor does fit in the front zipper pocket though.

Roc, BroD and rallyguy's advice is sound as a pound. 175s are straight in R-Pro but quite beefy (more than a Rattler) in DX and Champ. None of them at 175 are super glidey, but they still have more glide than more traditional, faster putters.

Latest posts