• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Rat..

Also not much dif in stiffness between color glow and star. I would like a bit more integrity in the rim.
Too late to edit. Sweet disc:thmbup:

I compared mine with the first CFR star batch and agree on the above. The color glow is slightly stiffer and I'm preferring the color glow plastic on the course (a titch more stable). Flat champion or luster will be a nice addition for this disc. Loving the rat for all my approach and control shot duties! Perfect compliment to my Cros.

Threw the CG champ Rat yesterday. I find that it has slight dome, and by slight I mean maybe 1mm total rise from the edge of the flight plate to the middle. But, still noticeable dome, whereas the early run star Rat I have is board flat.

Got a bit of high speed turn right away with the CG champ, whereas the star had almost zero HST until it was beat in.

Looks like my experiences don't match what a lot of other folks are saying. Sorry to be the outlying data point here.

After having read this thread I have a question: How does the rat compare to an Envy? Everyone saying that it is not as OS as a Zone/Harp but still straight with some fade sounds reminiscent of an Envy line.

The biggest difference b/w my Star Rat and my Neutron Envy is that the Rat is noticeably faster. The Rat has more LSS but the Envy has more HSS. They both go dead straight but the Rat will glide out a bit more and then the fade kicks in hard whereas the Envy will go dead straight right away and gradually fade left. To put it another way, if I wanted to hyzer a disc around a corner to the left, I'd go with the Rat. If I wanted to weave a baby flex through some trees for a dead straight hit and stick, I'd go with the Envy.

One round with a Star Rat 171g behind and first impresson is good. Numbers imo are something like 4 3 0 3. It is more stable than 400 A4, similar to beaten D pro Zone. Perhaps the closest comparison is Prodiscus Jokeri, this is Innova's Jokeri more or less. Easy to flick and straight stable BH, with a resonable fade.

Last edited:
I got a week on a short, extremely technical course with this disc. I hit metal probably 6 times with it in 1 week. Great disc, and really predictable until you play with some anhyzer stuff. My favorite forehand disc with the Sexton firebird

Great feel, straight flier. Flies almost identical too my 166g L suspect. Suspect out rat in. Rat and Zone what a great combo.

Last edited:
Great feel, straight flier. Flies almost identical too my 166g L suspect. Suspect out rat in. Rat and Zone what a great combo.

How does the Rat forehand in comparison? Can you take a profile comparison pic?

If you watch the round 1 coverage of MVP Open by CCDG. You will see Barsby and Sexton both using the rat on fh approaches. Barsby carved up all sorts of anny and straight lines. While Sexton hyzered it in like his mortars. Looks amazing with a clean release. Almost looked like a fh nova for Barsby. That dude had it dialed in.

I am liking my rats more and more over time. I used to think the color glow were slightly stiffer and a touch more stable than my star rats but in the 90+ degree heat it seems like the color glow get softer than the star inverting my original feeling. I just feel like the star are more reliable, on occasion it seems like the color glow will not finish as hard as i would like. Im also looking to use these as my windy putters but have not had the opportunity yet. I cant wait for a full on jolly launcher version.

Just got my shimmer star rat and tested it a bit. Not a fan of the shimmer star plastic. What is the general consensus on star vs color glow? I'm looking for the most stable firm version. This shimmer star is just too much like gstar which I absolutely hate. I'm assuming the difference between the star and color glow isn't enough to justify the cost difference/availability issue. Although I am an absolute sucker for color glow plastic. :p

I've been throwing a shimmer star a bit and actually like it. Concave and the plastic is a little soft. I'm bagging it over an aviar3 and like I can nut up on it a little more. Maybe a hair more fade than what I need right now but looking to beat it up a little.

I just got my personal series stamped Star Rats (palindrome, ha! just noticed that) and Shimmer Star Rats. Super overstable, at least out to 240'. My backyard wouldn't let me go further than that. I dig it. I don't have a huge use for an overstable putter on my heavily wooded home courses, but I'll probably test it against my Champ Rhyno anyway. Fun disc! I'd love to try it in DX or XT.

wow, just threw it a little more. Its actually a little difficult for me to get it over 260' or so. I guess that's the 2 glide kicking in? Its acting like a non-Thumtrac, non-beaded Champ Rhyno. I like it.

I've been throwing a shimmer star a bit and actually like it. Concave and the plastic is a little soft. I'm bagging it over an aviar3 and like I can nut up on it a little more. Maybe a hair more fade than what I need right now but looking to beat it up a little.

How does it fly vs the Suspect?

I just had a mini field-session with
new Star Rat 175
new Shimmer Star Rat 175
new G* Rhyno 175
new Shimmer Star Rhyno 175
slightly used Champ Rhyno 175

The Rat is not as overstable as I hoped. The Rhyno isn't going anywhere. However, it seems like a great disc. It's very low profile and feels great in my hands. The flight is useful... straight with good HSS, then healthy fade. It's definitely an interesting disc and I can't wait to give it a thorough thrashing at the local courses. This is already looking like it fixes the one issue I had with the Stud... I wanted harder fade than the Stud would give me. I really like the Stud; the Rat just might be a tick better for my needs. Now we just need to get the Rat in XT!

This is already looking like it fixes the one issue I had with the Stud... I wanted harder fade than the Stud would give me. I really like the Stud; the Rat just might be a tick better for my needs. Now we just need to get the Rat in XT!

I don't remember if I suggested this already, but if you want a Stud-'ish' disc with that bit more fade at the end, try an Infinite Discs Tomb.

I've been throwing 3 Star Rats ALOT. I really love how they feel and fly. I ordered 3 Dyed Star Rats from Infinite and they all three have an Infinite Discs hot stamp on the bottom
snNKGwX

I've not seen this bottom stamp from Infinite and have no idea how many discs they are hitting. Thought it was kinda neat though.

Does this forum just not work with embedding imgur pictures? https://imgur.com/a/snNKGwX

Latest posts