• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Installing a basket beside a river

... Regardless of what you or I think is appropriate, the course may ultimately come under scrutiny by others. Neighbors, lawyers, the city, the park..

So the problem isn't the placement of the basket, it's interference from non-disc golfers who want to control every aspect of the universe.

Yet another compelling argument for private courses.

To ease the confusion. The river is only knee deep so people tossing a disc in the water can easily retrieve it. This is a river that runs through town and people swim in it all the time. I live in Canada where we do not sue anyone as a hobby

I have played many courses that have the challenge of a basket placed next to a body of water and I love the challenge and risk that it offers. I simply wanted to know how to install the basket properly in that area if that is where the final design of the hole ends up.

So much anger and unnecessary posts for a simple question. Thank you everyone who gave helpful insight into my question