• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interesting News video Ball golf vs Disc golf

Nice video. I would have thought the disc golfers had no chance, to only loose by 5 or 6 is impressive to say the least!!

I say they do a rematch on a wooded DG course. Guarantee the ball golfers lose by more than 10.

That's an interesting point, but just illustrates the distinct differences. Give ballers a low ceiling, and narrow tunnel, and they are reduced to a very small number of clubs/strokes. But it's weighted too in the fact that, in a wooded course, there's not many places to land that give you a remotely clean shot. Nor can they bend a ball around a corner 150' out.
It'd be like playing football on a tennis court...

This isn't a good comparison b/c we have no idea the level of the ball golfers or disc golfers. I'd like to see it between a big ball golf pro 7 a big disc golf pro.

I imagine it would be closer or the disc golfers would win on a shorter golf course. We've got one around here that most pros could reach the pin on the drive. That would take away the main advantage the golfers have.

This isn't a good comparison b/c we have no idea the level of the ball golfers or disc golfers. I'd like to see it between a big ball golf pro 7 a big disc golf pro.

Don't know about the ball golfers but the coach for Liberty's dg team in the video is currently a 972 rated player.

I think it would be funny watching a ball golfer play a dg course.
I think it would be the only way to make the competition fair. I feel on a heavily wooded DG course most ball golfers would get crushed.

9 holes of each.

I have nothing against ball golf. Heck, I've even gotten to play 3-4 extra dg courses, and won my only tournament, that were on ball golf courses. I don't think that any ball golfer would try to say that they could beat a disc golfer on a wooded course. It would be almost impossible due to bad lies where you couldn't take a swing at all.

So I'm not hating on ball golf. I am amused by the thought, though. :D

Last edited:
I was surprised how close the scores were considering you can hit a golf ball quite a bit farther. It was still fun to watch, and any publicity like that can be a good thing.

This is a really cool news piece. Thank you for posting, I enjoyed it alot.

I didn't see them using any distance rollers. I wonder if they did.

Latest posts