• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is brand loyalty stupid?

What do you think about brand loyalty

• I like it and will only use discs from one company

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I think it's stupid and will use whatever disc I want

Votes: 207 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Throwing only one brand is fine. Not everyone has the money to spend to buy every disc on the market and try it especially now a days with new brands coming out every year. Misprint deals let you try many discs for cheap. Dave Feldberg only uses Innova and is almost 1050 rated, last year the world champion was Eric Mccabe and he only throws Discraft so it's not like you have to throw 4 different brands to be effective at this game. At this point Innova and Discraft have very few holes left in their product lines and the few they do have you can get around. I don't think you should refuse to try a disc from any company (except maybe Quest! ;)) but sticking to the discs you know is for the best.

Throwing only one brand is fine. Not everyone has the money to spend to buy every disc on the market and try it especially now a days with new brands coming out every year. Misprint deals let you try many discs for cheap. Dave Feldberg only uses Innova and is almost 1050 rated, last year the world champion was Eric Mccabe and he only throws Discraft so it's not like you have to throw 4 different brands to be effective at this game. At this point Innova and Discraft have very few holes left in their product lines and the few they do have you can get around. I don't think you should refuse to try a disc from any company (except maybe Quest! ;)) but sticking to the discs you know is for the best.

Well put sir, and what I was going to try and say, but I'm a little frazzled today.

Still recovering from chaperoning a 7th graders class trip to Epcot yesterday.

I am not loyal to Innova however there is more Innova available here and I usually like to hold a disc before I buy it.

When you first start playing, it's nice to stick to one brand so you can have an easier time comparing one disc to another. I started off Innova only and then graduated to a few discrafts after I figured out what the heck I was doing with a disc.

im not specifically loyal to one particular brand but i do have a majority of innova discs. i do not like the roc so i have a buzzz and i have a flx surge ss that i like alot. i have some other random discs that make it in and out of the bag from time to time. i dont think brand loyalty is stupid but i wouldnt recommend just trying one brand of discs when there are a bunch of respected manufacturers out there.

Call me crazy but I'm the type of person that when a certain company makes a good product I like I stick with them.I only wear Patagonia undergarments and jackets.I only wear Nike tennis shoes.My hiking boots are Asolos, and the only truck I will ever own is a Nissan.I throw Innova discs and do just fine.

My opinion is that unless you're sponsored, there's no need to be loyal. If you're good enough to be sponsored, you're probably good enough to throw all one brand. As for me, I have used everything from Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Ching, Lattitude 64 and even got some love for Quest. If it works for you, then use it to your advantage.

There's nothing wrong with being loyal. Makes you feel part of something. People are loyal to fast food restaurants, cola companies, peanut butter and cereal companies.

I currently only throw Innova but have orders to Vibram Ridge Putters and will try those. I would still throw Discraft if I could get my hands on a couple of old-school Marauders.

I've been loyal to Innova for my tournament offerings until this year. I've decided to offer players both an Innova Disc and a Discraft Disc for the doubles tournament I run. I'm also using Discraft exclusively for another tournament this year.

Innova will always be my first choice but I have no problems with trying another brand.

unless you are sponsored by that particular brand, it's stupid

how are you supposed to be loyal to one brand when discraft makes the buzzz and innova makes the leopard? YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT I TELL YA

hell, i'll huck a cow patty if it would go 350' straight and flat:p

(and if it did you bet i'd be loyal!!):p:p:p

I like Discraft and Innova. People who say discrap are just missing out

not that it's stupid, but it would be in those best interest to check out discs that other companies make.

i personally throw mostly Innova, but carry Gateway putters, a discraft drone, discraft meteor, and a DGA Hurricane

unless you are sponsored by that particular brand, it's stupid

how are you supposed to be loyal to one brand when discraft makes the buzzz and innova makes the leopard? YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT I TELL YA

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Most truth in this thread.

Latest posts