• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is DG your #1 passion?

^^^^I think I know you, bubba. We played Winget dubs together a few weeks ago, didn't we? And we were on that course's Match Play team a couple of years ago. Hope you're doing well, Scott.

Another drummer here, but I don't play as often as I'd like to. Too disruptive to the household flow, really, with a wife who works out of the home; a college-attending, part-time-job-having, practicing drummer-his-damn-self son; and a 13-year-old. But get me talking about drums and heavy (in more ways than one) music, and you won't be able to shut me up. That's passion.

I'm the same way about really good historical or speculative fiction. Passion manifests as long-winded and breathless dissertations on this or that amazing author, book, or idea.

And DG? Pshhh. I am very, very, very, really, seriously, very vocal about how great the game is. If you don't sigh heavily and roll your eyes within 30 seconds of the subject being broached, you will hear it from me until you run away. Again: passion. Red-faced and proselytizing, that's me.

Music has always been a passion of mine, and still is, but.......
1a DG
1b Music

Absolutely. DG is a passion for me. Love the creativity in shot selection, disc selection. Experiencing new courses. Battling familiar courses. Collecting plastic. New plastic to try. Old plastic to try again. The ever-rotating bag. The sound of the chains on a summer morning. Ripping that perfect flex shot. Throwing with your buds or enjoying a solo round of 18. A beautiful game.

Tournament Chess is #1 with me and always will be. Right now DG is #2 (and good exercise).

Many of you reminded me that music is definitely top 3 in my universe.

I'd say yes. Aside from disc golf my main hobby is learning new things to add to my repertoire as a tradesman. I am unique , at least a little bit in the fact that I play DG as a means to help me stay sober. Does outreach count as a hobby?

congrats on the sobriety! DG for me was a great game to play and be outside the first 10 yrs.
then it became almost everything i did outside work while partying like a wildman :). this phase lasted over 20 yrs. now i play for exercise and to remain competitive in all aspects of life. i don't miss the partying aspect at all since i have shot my best scores ever since i turned 55 and am now a far better ambassador for our sport.

BTW i am familiar with the Morrow area. i helped pull up the old train tracks along the river while working for Ohio Dept of Natural Resources in 79' for the (then new) scenic railway to Cincinnati.

congrats on the sobriety! DG for me was a great game to play and be outside the first 10 yrs.
then it became almost everything i did outside work while partying like a wildman :). this phase lasted over 20 yrs. now i play for exercise and to remain competitive in all aspects of life. i don't miss the partying aspect at all since i have shot my best scores ever since i turned 55 and am now a far better ambassador for our sport.

BTW i am familiar with the Morrow area. i helped pull up the old train tracks along the river while working for Ohio Dept of Natural Resources in 79' for the (then new) scenic railway to Cincinnati.

That's awesome. I remember being down there with my grandpa in the early 90's. It was a sugar cane grove for a while. It's houses now. Oh, and the train stop inn (where they had the gorilla fpr a while) is now a hipster bar and the sugar grove is houses. Sad. It's cool though; to hear from someone who was involved with something in my locale. Keep ambassadoring and thanks.

Epic...

It was when I lived in the Dallas Texas suburbs. It was honestly the only outdoor activity I did with any regularity. I'm so much happier now that I live in the mountains and have added Snowboarding in the winter and Mountain Biking in the summer. The mountain biking as well as having two young boys to ride with has rekindled my love of BMX and I spent many evenings after school at the skatepark with my kids. Went downhill biking on closing weekend at Angelfire and that was the most fun I've ever had on two wheels. I'm lucky enough to call Wolf Creek my home mountain and it boast (on average per year) the most snow in Colorado, no doubt that snowboarding on a deep powder day is the greatest experience of my life (as far as hobbies go).
All that said, I love disc golf and it is my go-to social activity.

Mudita! Congrats! Family, Snowboarding Pow, Mt. biking, BMX skateparks, Disc golf, and you

live in ColoRADo near Wolf Creek!!! Amazing. You are truly Killing it, Sir. :) :thmbup:

P.S. Shredding Powder on a Snowboard is one of the best feelings one can experience! <3

Disc golf is NOT my #1 passion. Competitive slowpitch softball is. I use DG as more of an offseason activity. I'd say DG is #2 for me.

I've always been a jack of all trades kinda guy, so it is tough to say. Disc golf is definitely top 5 though, and probably top 3.

1. Squatching
2. Fenns treasure
3. Ghostbusting
4. Accessing the etheric plane.
5. DG.

Bikes and trikes are my #1 passion. I currently ride a fat tire 7-spd upright trike, but I have had racers, beach cruisers, recumbent bikes and trikes, a huge electric fat bike with 4.8" studded tires, and I had an Organic Transit ELF solar electric pedal car for a while. My current ride is set up for DG with a hitch for my cart and a basket for a cooler and other stuff, or if I just want to throw my bag in it and go w/o the cart. There some pics in one of the cart threads here. I have two courses within biking distance of my house, works out great.

Since I started playing last summer it is my #1 passion and I can say it's an obsession. I thought the cold temperature would have slow me down a bit but it's not the case so far. I guess when there will be a lot of snow I'll stop for a while.

Disc golf and rockets. They coexist on the number one spot of hobbies I have. A distant second might be hanging out online WAY too much and third would be creative writing which I really really suck at.

-Dave

1. Hanging with my Buds
2. Sippin' on some bourbon and diet Coke
3. Disc golf

Fortunately I don't have to prioritize as I can accomplish all goals simultaneously.

Tahe way we do it CB all of those should just be one item. And sipping bourbon? Come on this is the internet. No need to be shy. If I ever knew someone that should be a professional Turkey and DC drinker it's you. You'd be the Gretzky of the profession.

Love you brother. Looking like my San Antonio is postponed so let's go chuck!