• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Silence Really Golden?

Is Silence Golden?

• Total voters
The razzing in general isn't too bad(the Nantucket one was much better) but i remember watching live and was so worried someone was going to get killed because of how close they were lined up down the fairway, that I turned it off. I think that was on the 2nd or third hole.

per usual i just clicked around saw eagle shank one

The whole point of a razz round, is that the crowd gets to razz everyone and everyone has fun with it. Once again you're speaking out your ass without a clue of what's coming out.

It would have taken you all of 30sec to go to youtube and search Glass Blown Open Razz Round. On the first hole, someone blew an air horn right in Dynamic Discs team member Paige Pierce's run up on the approach shot... not to mention the cowbells, yelling and all the other stuff that was going on when they ALL were throwing.

Next time, try to do some research before you make such an idiotic accusation...

You actually read his posts?

One thing I would like is for players to putt out after a miss. Then get the heck out of the way. This circling around waiting for a drop-in putt causes a lot of issues.

Makes sense to me, for sure, and if you ask your card mates this is allowed. Cat comes to mind as a player who does this frequently.

The whole point of a razz round, is that the crowd gets to razz everyone and everyone has fun with it.
Obviously a different situation, and seems like a great time. When you expect the noise, and in fact the crowd is encouraged to be as loud/boisterous as possible, a player can actually feed off that energy.

No doubt top players feed off the cheers and energy from the crowd in your usual tourney setting, but the noise comes after the shot, not before. Being able to get amped up like that, before/as you're throwing your tee shot has got to be a totally different vibe.

Didn't take long for my eyes to start automatically scanning right past the words: Casey 1988
Unless someone actually calls attention to those posts, I really don't even notice them.
The human mind is truly amazing.

Last edited:

Latest posts