• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is the Groove really that bad?

I have no idea why Innova carried the groove concept into the Monarch.

Monarch came out first! (June vs. December approval dates)

A few people mentioned craziness with the Monarch, I never noticed it. I owned 3-5 I'd say and remember them being true to their numbers. Not a Roadrunner but similar for sure. All of which I'd say flew the same as one another. The Valkyrie-Monarch monstrosity they created for the Japan Open (150 class) however was an absolute failure. Valk top, Monarch bottom, **** flight. Waste of time, effort, and plastic.

I almost revisted the Monarch last week. I'll probably try it again just to see how it flies. My friend has a groove and he hates it so maybe I'll borrow that too. Now I'm just genuinely curious.

Don't expect to be impressed with the Monarch. It won't fly as far as you think it should.

Monarch came out first! (June vs. December approval dates)

A few people mentioned craziness with the Monarch, I never noticed it. I owned 3-5 I'd say and remember them being true to their numbers. Not a Roadrunner but similar for sure. All of which I'd say flew the same as one another. The Valkyrie-Monarch monstrosity they created for the Japan Open (150 class) however was an absolute failure. Valk top, Monarch bottom, **** flight. Waste of time, effort, and plastic.

Sad thing is, I didn't think the Monarch had a terrible flight. Like I said, I thought it flew like a Beast. Problem was, it didn't glide very well and would end up well short of a Beast. The Monarch also performs poorly in wind.

My biggest gripe about both the Groove and Monarch is lack of glide. When those two start slowing down they simply fall out of the air. No graceful fade. It costs those discs a lot of distance.

Don't expect to be impressed with the Monarch. It won't fly as far as you think it should.

Oh don't worry, I'm ready to be disappointed. The sad thing is that it's prettiest tie dye I have ever owned.

I was trying out an aqua blue Champ Monarch one day just practicing on the course.

I picked up an errant shot which I believed was my Monarch, stuck it in my bag, and proceeded to the next tee. That's when I realized it was a Destroyer.

I returned it with my Elkhorn Flyrod hat on my head and apologized. The guy asked where I got my hat, and then said he was one of the original founders. If I got my hat in the last 5 years, he more than likely handed it to me. So I handed him his disc.

Funny how some discs bring back memories. Dang, now I can't sell that Monarch.

A ton of people hate the Groove.

My Champion Groove was picked up through a local trade meet at an Air Traffic store more than ten years ago. I don't remember what I traded away for it. I soon found it to the most overstable disc in my bag. I used it mainly for long thumbers and forehand throws as well as shorter hyzer shots.

Fast forward to today. That disc is still in my bag with half a dozen hyzer aces and some spectacular thumbed eagle shots. If a shot comes up that fits this particular Groove' s range and flight. I have full confidence in the end result.

A ton of people hate the Groove.

My Champion Groove was picked up through a local trade meet at an Air Traffic store more than ten years ago. I don't remember what I traded away for it. I soon found it to the most overstable disc in my bag. I used it mainly for long thumbers and forehand throws as well as shorter hyzer shots.

Fast forward to today. That disc is still in my bag with half a dozen hyzer aces and some spectacular thumbed eagle shots. If a shot comes up that fits this particular Groove' s range and flight. I have full confidence in the end result.

im still not convinced

Latest posts