• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this a stolen basket?

If I lived in Ann arbor I would prob have nice $400 discatcher in my back yard right now. If I had a backyard. Yeah that's stolen. Soooo stolen

The basket in pics has been at my private course for almost 2 months now. I don't know why he used same pics in this listing. As far as I know it wasn't stolen. No hole # or anything that looked out of ordinary.

I've bought a dozen or more used baskets off CL and check on here and dgscene first if it looks like it is hot property. The basket in the pics still had packaging foam near s-hooks. The basket couldn't have been on a course with so little wear. Doubt he'd let me pick it up at his house either.

The basket in pics has been at my private course for almost 2 months now. I don't know why he used same pics in this listing. As far as I know it wasn't stolen. No hole # or anything that looked out of ordinary.

I've bought a dozen or more used baskets off CL and check on here and dgscene first if it looks like it is hot property. The basket in the pics still had packaging foam near s-hooks. The basket couldn't have been on a course with so little wear. Doubt he'd let me pick it up at his house either.

Even if he bought the basket at wholesale price he'd be losing 200$+ selling it like that, maybe stolen from a private owner. Or just a nutjob.

Dude re-listed it yesterday! Even though it's been sold..?

Idk either. I was wondering when he'd take down the listing after I bought it but it was on there for 7+ weeks until it was gone yesterday AM but relisted at higher price in later in PM.

I didn't see any other baskets at his house when I was there.

Even if he bought the basket at wholesale price he'd be losing 200$+ selling it like that, maybe stolen from a private owner. Or just a nutjob.

I think it was a present or gift from parents. Guy was younger age college with basket at parents house. Maybe I should priceicheck my kids stuff before I throw/sell it off to get rid of junk and clutter...

nope. ww already decided it was stolen just from a picture of a basket that looks identical to tens of thousands of baskets. mystery solved.

Just searched courses in Michigan with DISCatchers based on proximity to Ann Arbor. Check this out.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1395

Guy sold a basket 2 months ago. Then he re-lists another basket on CL using the same pics as the first one he sold 2 months ago. This guy is getting baskets from somewhere, and a somewhat nearby course has had half it's baskets stolen. hhhmmm....

I f'ing hate basket thieves.

Ann Arbor is not close enough to 6 mile in Detroit to be worth the gas money to go steal baskets. At the price he's selling them, he would have to steal more than one at a time to make it work.

That course is near 6 mile road. 6 mile road is not the best area.

It could've been stolen but not from in the ground...however it is odd the basket is already assembled.

In my community we have 30 brand new, never been used, Discatchers in storage. Some were bought in 2009 and other bought last April. I sold those courses packages...one to the city and one to the county. Both courses ended up on the backburner for whatever reason.

If there is a similar situation and they were stolen out of storage, that could be the answer and whomever owns the baskets won't know until they're ready to be installed.

Logic suggests that someone who has a brand new basket for sale TWICE in a couple of months for this cheap, stole them. He made it a point to say "I've had this for a while." He doesn't know much about the basket/terminology.

I would like to find them where he says they're online for 200 bucks that would save a lot of people a lot of money installing new courses. He probably just googled it and found the Discatcher Sport and didn't know the difference.

Latest posts