• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you got it right.

22% PGA tour 15 ft putt.
70% NCAA BB FT
75% NBA FT
95-99% Disc golf 15 ft putt.

Does anyone understand what percentages mean? It's like I live in a bizarro world.

Yeah it's pretty bizarre to compare things that are completely and utterly different like you just did.

Obviously, OMD has failed to notice that the DG basket is precisely 6.12x larger than a golf cup. Therefore a accurate comparison to a 15' DG putt would be a 2.45' putt in golf. I'm guessing PGA touring pros are making 90-99% of all 2.45' putts therefore using OMD standards putting in golf is too easy as well.

Obviously, OMD has failed to notice that the DG basket is precisely 6.12x larger than a golf cup. Therefore a accurate comparison to a 15' DG putt would be a 2.45' putt in golf. I'm guessing PGA touring pros are making 90-99% of all 2.45' putts therefore using OMD standards putting in golf is too easy as well.

Much harder to hit a golf ball to 2.45' than it is to throw a disc to 15'. Not that one is really all that relevant to the other.

The whole difference is what represents excitement to each of us individually. I love having the pucker factor come into play if you know what I mean. I like testing peoples mettle and like them testing mine. Not that I'm great, but it's something most greats have in common, and what pushed them to become great. They relish the pressure situations. Some guys would just as soon have no idea where they stand or what their score is and don't really like to compete but for some reason still want to be part of the competitions. That is not so fun for me nor for those who are in favor of making the target harder imo.

I see guys throwing mediocre shots and then not being challenged on the putt.

that's because an excellent approach shot results in a tap in.

I suck at putting, but my throwing and approach game is pretty darn good for an mp40 player. Some people suck off the tee and at approaches, but their putting game is excellent. Who do you think it hurts more, being even more challenged to putt? I'm cool with getting inside 20' from 200' out from pretty much any lie.

Last edited:
AGAIN you are taking one specific small sample to size not the REAL accurate info.

That is called cherry picking. Go to career avg and the best shooter of all time is Steph Curry at a shade over 90%.

Weird, I wonder if anyone else has ever used one specific small sample as evidence on this forum?

Weird, I wonder if anyone else has ever used one specific small sample as evidence on this forum?

I know, right? What a crackpot. I am sure the irony is utterly lost. My big issue is the total dishonesty. To just make up numbers and adamantly argue them as fact. It isn't even good trolling. I would be interested to see some pro tour UDisc numbers. It is my guess he has been making up these for three or four threads as well.

Never said season, I said career avg. which is Steph Curry at 90%. That is the best ever AND the most accurate. Because it's over a long period to not skew the stats.

Oh, right. Silly me, here thinking that Paul McBeth is a good putter! Now I understand that it doesn't matter how well he putts this year, since in order to evaluate his putting I must include every putt he has attempted in a tournament since 2005.

Got it! :thmbup:

The 2021 Open at Belton quick facts:

Median Circle 1X putting percentage from all players was 72%.
Median Circle 2 putting percentage was 16%.
Paul McBeth C1X % was 81%. He's a pretty good putter by the way...won a big tourney or something once.

Guess I am not seeing the 'putting is too easy' argument.

Though I believe the inside C1X percentage was 100%, so those are definitely too easy. Also, 99.6% of the throws did hit the ground, so obviously there are not enough trees. Either that or they are too small. However, this is comparable to baseball, where 99.748% of pitches either hit the bat or the catcher's mitt, which obviously is far too high a percentage as well, I would suggest bare hands--for both.

Do you know what honesty means?

Top ten putt % 10-15 ft.

1 1 Tommy Fleetwood 40.85
2 2 Daniel Berger 40.67
3 3 Joseph Bramlett 40.15
4 4 Rhein Gibson 39.76
5 5 Ian Poulter 39.60
6 6 Arjun Atwal 39.29
7 12 Kevin Na 39.07
8 7 Brandon Hagy 38.89
9 8 Dominic Bozzelli 38.71
10 9 Patrick Rodgers 38.34

Top ten putt % 15-20 ft

1 1 Anirban Lahiri 31.91
2 2 Vincent Whaley 31.82
3 3 Ian Poulter 31.08
4 4 Peter Malnati 30.95
T5 T5 Zack Sucher 28.95
T5 T5 Dominic Bozzelli 28.95
7 7 J.J. Spaun 27.66
8 8 Kevin Chappell 27.40
9 9 Andrew Putnam 27.27
10 11 Maverick McNealy 27.05

https://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/stats/stat.406.y2020.html

That doesn't tell us anything. Why don't we just take one putt from 15 feet and base our entire stats on that?

I gave you the avg of the PGA Tour not some cherry picked stat where guys played one or two tournaments. LOL

Do you really NOT KNOW how stats work? The more data the better, not less you fool.

The 2021 Open at Belton quick facts:

Median Circle 1X putting percentage from all players was 72%.
Median Circle 2 putting percentage was 16%.
Paul McBeth C1X % was 81%. He's a pretty good putter by the way...won a big tourney or something once.

Guess I am not seeing the 'putting is too easy' argument.

Though I believe the inside C1X percentage was 100%, so those are definitely too easy. Also, 99.6% of the throws did hit the ground, so obviously there are not enough trees. Either that or they are too small. However, this is comparable to baseball, where 99.748% of pitches either hit the bat or the catcher's mitt, which obviously is far too high a percentage as well, I would suggest bare hands--for both.

The wind was blowing as well with raised baskets. You need to understand that if you want those to go away "somewhat" or for the "most part" the stats would only drop slightly. Raised baskets that is. Lots of guys are laying up 40 footers at that course. Especially since the wind was blowing.

I'd prefer not to watch layups, which is why I am against this current trend of raising baskets everywhere and putting strings around it as well.

An estimated 97% of us even understand that correlations of percentages generated from dissimilar data are irrelevant.

They are quite similar. It's very common to put a teeshot or upshot to 15 feet. But they make that range close to 100% of the time. So no drama exists, not for me anyways. I made a video of me making 20, 15 footers in a row, I'm charging 5 bucks if anyone wants to watch it! lol

They raise the baskets to challenge putting, why? It's too easy. Would you rather have all raised baskets or a lot of them or a smaller target that is standardized?

You like raised baskets.

"In 2050 we will remember back in 2020 at all the giant baskets we putted on." -Simon Lizotte

Oh, right. Silly me, here thinking that Paul McBeth is a good putter! Now I understand that it doesn't matter how well he putts this year, since in order to evaluate his putting I must include every putt he has attempted in a tournament since 2005.

Got it! :thmbup:

"The pro's really need to have a smaller basket, just for the pro game." -Paul McBeth

Latest posts