• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly. He's not even competent enough to understand the point of my size comparison between the golf cup and dg basket so he's gotta resort to quoting Simon. Same with WD09. Brilliant.

You're not even on the Pro Tour are you? Simon and Paul are last I checked, well Simon will be when he gets healthy.

Are you afraid a Pro might miss a 15 footer once in a while? That's a strange fear.

That doesn't tell us anything. Why don't we just take one putt from 15 feet and base our entire stats on that?

I gave you the avg of the PGA Tour not some cherry picked stat where guys played one or two tournaments. LOL

Do you really NOT KNOW how stats work? The more data the better, not less you fool.

It tells us you are just lying and making up numbers to fit a trolling narrative. Other than that, you are right, this tells us nothing......BECAUSE IT IS GOLF.

The wind was blowing as well with raised baskets. You need to understand that if you want those to go away "somewhat" or for the "most part" the stats would only drop slightly. Raised baskets that is. Lots of guys are laying up 40 footers at that course. Especially since the wind was blowing.

I'd prefer not to watch layups, which is why I am against this current trend of raising baskets everywhere and putting strings around it as well.

They are quite similar. It's very common to put a teeshot or upshot to 15 feet. But they make that range close to 100% of the time. So no drama exists, not for me anyways. I made a video of me making 20, 15 footers in a row, I'm charging 5 bucks if anyone wants to watch it! lol

These are just all lame justifications for making up lies, numbers and promoting nonsense. Wind is a gimmick.......lol.

They raise the baskets to challenge putting, why? It's too easy. Would you rather have all raised baskets or a lot of them or a smaller target that is standardized?

You like raised baskets.

You are trying to make a shot. They are more similar then you think. One can't even be considered a sport it's so easy.

"In 2050 we will remember back in 2020 at all the giant baskets we putted on." -Simon Lizotte

"The pro's really need to have a smaller basket, just for the pro game." -Paul McBeth

These are all just cherry picking individual statement, taken out of context to promote a false narrative.

Your 15 minutes on DGCR are over. You are a dishonest troll with little to no integrity. You have accomplished your only goal. You have taken a real topic of discussion and trashed it.

These are all just cherry picking individual statement, taken out of context to promote a false narrative.

Your 15 minutes on DGCR are over. You are a dishonest troll with little to no integrity. You have accomplished your only goal. You have taken a real topic of discussion and trashed it.

You sure spend a lot of time saying nothing.

Nobody is really "wrong" here.

Personally, I love seeing pros stuff 20 and 25 footers and run long ass putts because they know that they can stuff 20 and 25 footers.

If I wanted to watch people miss 25 footers, I can record at my local course.

Conrad won Idlewild with a -13 for the weekend. The following week -13 was leading the first round.

This did not happen because Idlewild has smaller baskets.

(Just trying to help a little)

You sure spend a lot of time saying nothing.

Why did you ignore my post? Oh yeah, because it shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

Those are probability numbers posted on a golf forum. The strokes gained probability numbers are from the pro tour players from the 2010 season.

You are not smart enough to even troll. Your screaming irony of cherry picking is pathetic in light of the feeble use of the above. Go to work. Find a group of children to peddle this nonsense to, but stop with it here. This is a collection of adults, far too smart for this.

Well, this was fun. I think I have clearly demonstrated that the entire foundation for this troll's posting, is a complete fabrication. Sadly, I have a far busier day at work today. I cannot continue to spend the day playing whack the troll. Not to mention, I have grown bored of this and they honestly make me feel like I need a shower. Do not believe a word he types. My hope is that they just go away from this forum, but I continue to believe he is just sick.

Well, this was fun. I think I have clearly demonstrated that the entire foundation for this troll's posting, is a complete fabrication. Sadly, I have a far busier day at work today. I cannot continue to spend the day playing whack the troll. Not to mention, I have grown bored of this and they honestly make me feel like I need a shower. Do not believe a word he types. My hope is that they just go away from this forum, but I continue to believe he is just sick.

We've all been waiting for you to stop. ;) :)

Those are probability numbers posted on a golf forum. The strokes gained probability numbers are from the pro tour players from the 2010 season.

You are not smart enough to even troll. Your screaming irony of cherry picking is pathetic in light of the feeble use of the above. Go to work. Find a group of children to peddle this nonsense to, but stop with it here. This is a collection of adults, far too smart for this.

You pulled up stats from 10 guys for one or two tourneys. I gave you the entire field avg based on PGA Tour statisticians over a long period. Which means accuracy.

Cherry picking is taking a few results from a short period of time, that's what you did.

Why did you ignore my post? Oh yeah, because it shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

You pulled up stats from 10 guys for one or two tourneys. I gave you the entire field avg based on PGA Tour statisticians over a long period. Which means accuracy.

Cherry picking is taking a few results from a short period of time, that's what you did.

Speaking of cherry picking.

Nobody is really "wrong" here.

Personally, I love seeing pros stuff 20 and 25 footers and run long ass putts because they know that they can stuff 20 and 25 footers.

If I wanted to watch people miss 25 footers, I can record at my local course.

I understand liking the longer throw in's or putts from 50' and out. But that also creates a major problem in course design and how the game is played.

How do you make a difficult enough hole, that is fair yet challenging, have it be realistically possible to park but at the same time limit the amount of players inside the circle?

You're just asking for too much. Excitement is all relative, if a 50 foot putt now is really exciting maybe that moves to 35-40 feet instead. But you would also have to have skill when running the putt as well as to not fly by 30 feet, because that same 30 footer which might be 75% now would be 60% or so (of course ballpark).

All of a sudden line drive putting would die off. Some use of height, touch, speed control and disc angle control would be needed.

A golf cup is 4.25" diameter. A dg basket is 26" diameter. That's why a 15' golf putt is 22% and a 15' DG putt is 90%. Using that scale difference a 15' putt in golf is closer to a 90' putt in DG. The targets and projectiles are vastly different in each sport. This is also a clear illustration of why comparing the two sports is colossally idiotic.

It is truly unbelievable to me there are people who cannot comprehend this simple concept but have to resort to non-sequitur quotes from DG pros.