• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's Been Awhile

Brockness Monster

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn
Almost 3 years since the last round I was able to play. Shoulders issues and back issues kept popping up and I had to stop for a bit. During lockdown I decided to start working on specific exercises and stretches to get back into throwing form. Played my first 9 holes on Saturday and feeling pretty good.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
175 DX Wraith - Max D

Fairway Drivers:
170 Pro Teebird - Workhorse
175 DX Teebird - Extra push on D
171 I-Blend Sphinx - Uphills and turnovers
175 DX Firebird - Utility (fun to see how DX flies)

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter
180 P-Line MD4 - Main Mid, Workhorse
180 Star Mako3 - Tunnels and long putts

Putters:
171 K3 Berg - Main Putter
173 K1 Berg - Main approach
175 Pro Pig - Approaches/Driving Putter

This is almost the same bag I ended with. I just swapped in a couple DX for the extra Glide. I kind of remember where I was trying to go with the bag, but not sure If I am missing a shot. Also, I think my MD4s are OOP now so I need to look for a replacement in a year or two. No Forehand or Tomahawks for now, so I might need an US mid or putter. Suggestions are welcome.

A new course was installed just a couple months ago in my hometown. Only 9 holes and needs to be cleaned up a bit, but it was nice to not have to drive an hour to play. Mostly Teebird shots, Berg or Pig Approaches and 3-putts. Drives feel better than I remember them feeling which is hopefully a good sign. Putts need a lot of work though. Surprisingly good flight on the one DX Wraith throw, but it wasn't necessary for the course.

MD4 is kinda like a gator or a drone, but with a minimal bead and feels real chonky in the hands. P-line is a little glidier and less overstable than the metal flake.

MD4 is kinda like a gator or a drone, but with a minimal bead and feels real chonky in the hands. P-line is a little glidier and less overstable than the metal flake.

Ok lol. I was tipsy and glossed over the MD4 part, and thought the disc was called the Windfighter. I've bagged MD3 and Caiman in the past and love both. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still not throwing my Caiman, I think it was ground play issues.

The Last Windfighter...hehe.