• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

So I have more of a technical question that I am not sure if it's been answered before...I've noticed on some of the Jomez videos there is a distinct difference in the look of different shots. It's like the difference between film and video. The video is a little crisper and the film has a little softer feel to it. This is in no way a criticism just more of a nerdy observation...Would anyone know the difference between the two? Or am I hallucinating lol?

I think you might be referring to the super high end slow-mo camera that Jonathan Gomez usually holds. They sometimes use it for regular shots as well. The visual difference is caused by the short focal length of that camera, which has only the player in focus. When they first started using it I found the difference so jarring that it actually made me feel queasy. I think they've softened the focus a bit over time, because that problem has gone away for me.

I think you might be referring to the super high end slow-mo camera that Jonathan Gomez usually holds. They sometimes use it for regular shots as well. The visual difference is caused by the short focal length of that camera, which has only the player in focus. When they first started using it I found the difference so jarring that it actually made me feel queasy. I think they've softened the focus a bit over time, because that problem has gone away for me.

Oh...Duh...Yeah that is a focal length difference then. That makes sense.

Might as well get this off my chest...

It bugs me when the auto-focus makes all the leaves in the background in sharp focus, but the player is not.

I thought cameras could recognize faces and focus on them.

2020 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship Final F9

The Jomez "stick the island" video was a fun watch. But it could easily be made better. First- more throws. Second- more Pros, maybe even invite a couple of FPO players. Third and most important- slightly better discs. It would have been a much more interesting watch if more of the discs would have been at least sort of stable. A couple of those discs might never make the island, even after 20 tries.

The Jomez "stick the island" video was a fun watch. But it could easily be made better. First- more throws. Second- more Pros, maybe even invite a couple of FPO players. Third and most important- slightly better discs. It would have been a much more interesting watch if more of the discs would have been at least sort of stable. A couple of those discs might never make the island, even after 20 tries.

Why is Brodie there? Is it a Paul McBeth man love thing ? It would have been better with another real pro, like KJ, or Jesus.

Why is Brodie there? Is it a Paul McBeth man love thing ? It would have been better with another real pro, like KJ, or Jesus.

Brodie is there to give the video more Views, simple as that.

Fun to see him almost get the APX to the island, should not really be possible.

Whoever put the new Jomez video together needs a talking to. For starters the music is awful. Second if you are making a video that is on "thrilling shots" you should show the entire shot. That means the entire flight and any skips or rolls. If you want to make the video shorter don't show people running to the basket after making a putt.

I'm a Jomez fan but I couldn't even make it through the whole video.

Maybe it's just me, but these "disc dice" rounds are not entertaining. Playing a round with disc dice or RIPT cards might be fun, but they aren't fun to watch. I would much rather watch a casual practice round.

Well then how would anyone know to run out and buy the dice?

I don't mind them actually. I prefer the dice rounds to the RIPT ones. I don't want to watch a bunch of them, but every now and again they are alright.