• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Juniors how far do you throw?

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Well since theres a thread for grandmaster distance, i would like to know how far juniors throw. Please state the age of yourself or any juniors you know and tell me how far the throw. I am 13 and throw 265 and 300 on good days. I want something to strive for as i am always looking to gett better. This info will also help with the youth league i am hoping to run this spring. I will help me determine if i need shorter tees just for juniors

When I was 13 I could throw 300' accurately. Forehand only.

We had a local guy who won the distance comp at Am Worlds in Rochester at the age of 16. I think his throw was over 500' into a headwind.

Great thread! I applaud your efforts to bring players your age into the sport!
As I am only 48 years young, I won't be able to contribute anything other than support.

My son who is 9, averages about 150-160 ft with his backhand. His primary drivers are a Lat64 Opto Diamond(145g) and a 134g Starlite Mamba.

My kid is 9 and throws about 175. I give the little punk about four years before he's wiping the floor with my a$$.

I'm 18, so I'm only barely a junior, but I throw somewhere around 400.

My brother is 16. He throws about 430 hyzer distance and with a good wind and crush can push it out to about 500. He started as a forhand only player when he was younger and maxed out at about 300. I taught him a backhand when he was 14 and now he's a monster. :)

Oh, I should probably mention that he had a growth spurt last year. Grew about a foot and that added about 100 ft to his distance. His usable forhand distance is about 350, but more comfortable up to 320 or so. He's now 6'4" 170 lbs.

I'm 19 so almost out of the junior definition but I'm around 450ft on any day.

I know a 13yr that can throw just as far and sometimes farther than me. At Am worlds he threw 400ft in the distance competition. He can throw much further than that though.

I'm with 5QU166Y, I'm 18 and am good for about 400 ft. Average just under that, max open field distance around 435

A junior I regularly play with is 15 and easily pushes past 400, probably into 420 territory on flat ground with a good rip.

My kid is 9 and throws about 175.

I should pace out my six year old's throws sometimes. He can get decent distance with e.g. a polecat. Not 175, certainly, but decent distance.

I guess <=10 is the youngest division. And, does that ever get offered except at e.g. AM Worlds?

I play casually on a somewhat regular basis. When the local country club was opened for practice rounds in preparation for the amateur worlds event this year, my group was definitely on the course.

While I cannot say for sure, I think I saw the kid who won the 13 and under division play through on us. We watched him drive a few holes and were very impressed. It seemed like he lost control when he tried to bomb, but could throw in the 275' range with good accuracy. This is a guesstimate.

I would say I have played a round with middle school aged kids somewhere around 15-20 times. Quite a few guys my age have kids in this range. Never have I seen anything the likes of what that kid was doing on the country club course.

im barely a junior at 18 lol but I can push up to 450 backhand and forehand

Latest posts