• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Just threw a TeeRex.....wow

trevorn

Wow.

I throw mainly sidearm and I use a Xcal. I love my Xcal for long distance and very predictable fade at the end. I was out playing today goofing around and decided to go through my friends bag and throw some of his discs for fun. He has a bairly thrown 169 Star TeeRex. WOW , I love that thing. It makes beautiful S turn that finishes very straight. I was able to make shots through the "tunnel" of trees at my local course, with ease. I love this thing. I always thought the TeeRex would have a big curve at the end similar to my Xcal but I was able to throw it in a very tight S curve. Is this one just a freak of nature or are most of them like this?

Sorry, I got real excited over this thing today and wanted to post about it lol

Well, if you are really excited I've got a nearly brand new 169g Star Teerex I'd be happy to sell you :)

I really liked the first teerex I bought, but after buying a couple more for practice, I noticed they all fly different...I put all of them side by side and look at the rim, and they are ALL slightly different! I have read about others noticing it too. I guess innova "tweeks" their molds alot...

I use to love my teerex for FH (before I blew my shoulder). Are DX Teerex being discontinued?

There was a discussion on this and Dave Dunipace himself said no to the discontinue. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26091&highlight=teerex

As for the disc, they are not all different. There is a Teerex and a Teerex X. The 1st runs are not the X and they fly better for me. The Star Teerex has been my go to disc for sidearm D for a long time. If you like it and want something more consistent and easier to control, try a Pro Teebird.

There was a discussion on this and Dave Dunipace himself said no to the discontinue. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26091&highlight=teerex

As for the disc, they are not all different. There is a Teerex and a Teerex X. The 1st runs are not the X and they fly better for me. The Star Teerex has been my go to disc for sidearm D for a long time. If you like it and want something more consistent and easier to control, try a Pro Teebird.

I have had 3 star tee-rex and when I put them side by side and do a comparison they are all slightly different.

here is the 2 i have left side by side.
Is 1 a teerex-x? is that why they are different?

004.jpg

003-2.jpg

I don't do a lot of sidearm, but when I do my favorite distance FH is the TeeRex.

I KNOW RIGHT! You would think that it would be super over-stable due to it's flight ratings, but it seems to be a very straight flyer if you throw it hard. I throw RHBH and it does the S curve for me too, but does fade to around straight. Even the TeeRex-X that I owned flew the same way.

re: Teerex-x - (i went through this phase)... basically a more stable Wraith; just go buy a destroyer and get over it.

RE: Teerex - I really like this disc as a forehand power / control disc. Basically a disc you cant turn over and goes really far if you throw it really hard. As a super bomber, experiment with Katana iterations (heavier weight, plastic) and find one that fits for you. <- the one negative about the "katana method" is that they are understable by nature and "break out" of the super bomber status rather quickly.

My draw back with the teerex -
The power requirement doesnt equal the distance loss. For those that need a super overstable disc to compensate for their own improper throwing technique (bad disc angle or not low enough on release). It's a great FH learner disc, but ultimately it yields to a new(er) destroyer. If you are a max weight 175g disc thrower, you can make the xcal one of the most amazing FH discs ever, but most of us dont have the arm for that, and will blow our out trying.

Latest posts