• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Rask

tarel

Double Eagle Member
Rask is a PDGA approved concept disc, made in Sweden by Kastaplast. The eye catcher of the disc is the ridge (patent pending) at the bottom side of the flight plate. Its function is to decrease drag from the inner side of the rim, and thereby make the disc more streamlined. Rask is a stable long range driver that cuts through the air fast and efficiently according to the company. More about the flight characteristics later, Rask will be evaluated during the fall of 2013.

Kastaplast is led by Jonas Lindberg, with many helpers. Jonas has played disc golf since 1992, is a designer MFA and former co-owner of the cult magazine SuperLounge. "Kastaplast is a disc golf workshop, where modern prototyping technology meets hand sculpting, and where aerodynamic simulations meet field testing", he tells us. Kastaplast is based in Stockholm, Sweden.

Some figures for Rask:
Outside diameter: 21.1 cm (max weight 175.1 grams)
Inside rim diameter: 16.7 cm
Height: 1.6 cm
Rim depth: 1.1 cm
Rim thickness: 2.2 cm
Flexibility rating: 7.71 kg
Rim configuration rating: 26.50 mm

Where can I get one dammit also is this a swedish groove lol ?

I saw this as well. Definitely interesting

We are trying to get them at DN. I'll pop back in here when we find out if/when we can get our nerdy hands on some

its not a groove whatsoever. what would give you that impression? Looks to me like there is an additional ridge in the flight plate and not in the rim. but witht he color of the disc its hard to tell the subtle shadows.

kastaplast_rask.jpg

kastaplast_rask_bottom_close-up.jpg

Isn't discrafts Pulsar similar to this? Never thrown or seen just heard it described this way.

Isn't discrafts Pulsar similar to this? Never thrown or seen just heard it described this way.

I don't think so, I haven't owned one in quite awhile but I believe it just has a groove on to of the flight plate that is similar to a thumbtrack. I don't believe the underside of the disc has anything special about it.

IDK, honestly I don't think I'll try it. It's one of those discs that may just be another average driver or might be fairly innovative. I wonder if they're successful if they'll use this "technology" on mids and putters and what effect, if any, it will have on the flight. I'm kind of interested but everything is so vague at this point.

I don't think so, I haven't owned one in quite awhile but I believe it just has a groove on to of the flight plate that is similar to a thumbtrack. I don't believe the underside of the disc has anything special about it.

You mean Pulse? I believe the pulsar is innovas ultimate disc. The pulse has a small groove thing on top also