• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Rask

I have never seen that with a Rask, or one throw with that much turn. I have one that is pretty solidly overstable, but I've never tried to tune it!

Not sure if this deservers a new thread or not, but just got my hands on a Rask Z and spent some quality time in the field. Crazy disc. First toss and it flipped completely over, and I am thinking roller. It self corrects all the way and finishes hyzer. I figured it was a weird release, but no, all of my throws had immediate crazy turn followed by a huge flex back. It is like push button S curve, but without much lateral movement just some dramatic hyzer/anhyzer action. Probably the ugliest disc flight I have ever seen, but I could see this translating really well to the course.

Forehand was delightful. I am a noodle arm for FH, maybe 280' on a good day, but at that power this disc was perfect and seemed easier to throw than other divers. No weird turning at the lower FH power.

Not sure if this deservers a new thread or not, but just got my hands on a Rask Z and spent some quality time in the field. Crazy disc. First toss and it flipped completely over, and I am thinking roller. It self corrects all the way and finishes hyzer. I figured it was a weird release, but no, all of my throws had immediate crazy turn followed by a huge flex back. It is like push button S curve, but without much lateral movement just some dramatic hyzer/anhyzer action. Probably the ugliest disc flight I have ever seen, but I could see this translating really well to the course.

Forehand was delightful. I am a noodle arm for FH, maybe 280' on a good day, but at that power this disc was perfect and seemed easier to throw than other divers. No weird turning at the lower FH power.

Didn't know they existed. Same weird double bottom rim?

I have been bagging the Rask for several years with one purpose: thumbers.

It kills.

Very predictable flip - and you can adjust the speed of the flip by releasing the disc on an angle (not straight up and down at the release).

Rask-Z is just a funky run of rask that came out flippy. I havent thrown mine yet and may not because of the reviews talking about how flippy it is. I just wanted a backup for my beat in early rask that has a touch of turn now on a flat release but is still a skip monster.

So my circa 2019 Rask has started to hold an anny angle for a bit (forehand), so this 10-year run is kind of exciting for me.

My new 10-year pinkie is about as flat as a Rask can get and flies like I remember my first Rask did off the shelf (almost immediate fight out of turn). Anyone else notice their 10-year Rasks being super flat? If so, are they more overstable than a typical Rask? I haven't thrown (or seen) any other Rasks in the wild besides my first one and this new 10-year pinkie.

I might end up bagging two Rasks, which sounds crazy to me.

Last edited:
So my circa 2019 Rask has started to hold an anny angle for a bit (forehand), so this 10-year run is kind of exciting for me.

My new 10-year pinkie is about as flat as a Rask can get and flies like I remember my first Rask did off the shelf (almost immediate fight out of turn). Anyone else notice their 10-year Rasks being super flat? If so, are they more overstable than a typical Rask? I haven't thrown (or seen) any other Rasks in the wild besides my first one and this new 10-year pinkie.

I might end up bagging two Rasks, which sounds crazy to me.

I've thrown 2 Rasks, and they were pretty different from each other. 1 is pink K1 plastic, and the other is glow K1. The pink one was new when I got it, and super overstable and glideless. Something like an Ape or Nuke OS. The glow Rask was beat more, and is somewhat flippy. It flies like a nice Destroyer or Boss. Glow one is surprisingly long.

Neither are super flat, but they aren't really domey either.