• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KC Pro Roc? How good is it?

I put a brand new KC in my bag in the fall, threw it a lot this winter (on very rocky courses) and it is still in good shape. I had three perfect shots with it yesterday. One, a 200 foot up shot that flew straight and low then settled smoothly under the basket. Another that was a long lazy hyzer down a fairway that drifted slowly left and onto the green. The last was an uphill chip, maybe fifty feet away and thirty feet below the basket, a left-to-right anyhyzer chip that nailed the basket then (happily) sat down with no roll.

When I am scoring well and I look back at mny round I see a lot of KC roc shots. I prefer the KC to DX because it holds its line longer (more stable....not more overstable) and I prefer it to the Champand the Star (and the super) because the plastic is grippier.

i only carry one roc. also a cobra and a gator.

They can be, not for me though. Have had 3 and everyone of them ends up to thirsty to stay in the bag. I listen to my discs....

I have recently purchased this disc but haven't had a chance to get out and throw yet, is this disc really up to the hype?

the only answer you need:

they are good enough for the best disc golfer to live to put his name on it. 'nuff said.

The KC Pro roc was my first Roc and I absolutely love it! They beat in nice and slow, and hold their lines really well. Even with the hard KC plastic they do take there share of nicks and scrapes, but like others have said, that's when they start to get really good. I have a new one in my bag this season, since I aced with my last one in October. I just wish I had them in another color then white, at least my stock. During the winter I switched to Dx bottom stamped Rocs, and really haven't looked back.

You can find all kinds of other colors pretty easily online. I've got red, orange, yellow, pink, black, and purple as well as your run of the mill whites. I use the colorful ones in the winter.

Had one. Good disc. Ended up switching to the buzz. Liked it just a bit better. I used them for all the same things but the buzzes were slightly longer for me, and everyone wants more distance, no?

Personally, I dont throw the old high dollar KC's like most people. I prefer the 12x with small off set tournament stamps. Those and the DX glo rocs cause they're flat. There's my ten cents.