• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN MILO2 REVIEW and a little more

leadpaint

Bogey Member
2 months... thats how long they lasted before malfunctioning.
I drag my toe in the summer and destroy shoes on concrete pads but
the milo2 only met the snow where i tend not to drag and that is not the problem

pros
super comfy
water proof
looks
warranty

cons
tread is coming off

the tread on both feet is coming off after 20-30 days of throwing between 9 - 27 holes each time

keen gave me credit to get new pair off their site( can buy any shoe not just replace milo) and let me keep milos.

if they would put a bottom that is one piece mold like vibram or like the keen sandals on it i would buy a milo 3 if they made one

i weigh 250 and throw side arm. i do drag my foot but that is not the problem here . i have destroyed many shoes from dragging toe

no shoe will hold up to toe drag! none none none so if that is your problem make some money cause you will ruin lots of shoes.

merrel moab gortex held up 4 months until i blew side out. maybe from drag but they lived a hard 4 months so i give them credit

my skate shoe toe drag got them in a month

chucks 1 month

vasque boots never played concrete show no signs of wear love them but they are boots

i can see this tread separation being a common problem and have found a few other people speaking of it

the milo is an off road running shoe that they revamped and it needs a complete re-build from the ground up not slight modifications.

i found them to be amazing and they have tons of traction i gave them rave initial reviews but i must now proclaim that...

i do not recommend for disc golf:thmbdown: especially if you drag your foot

this will be my next try

http://www.vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7...mens-scree-low-ultradry-black-oliveolive-drab :confused:

I have some vasque.. they are ankle high boots with GTX... they have lasted a year and a half, but I only play once a week (2 rounds) and on concrete pads.. the tread seems good so far and my feet stay dry..

Salomon GT Wings 2... full GTX, great ankle support, solid solid traction!! (i'm the guy that will slip and fall on at least one hole... but not with my Salomons... yet)

Sometimes I really love the fact that I am only 135 lbs and extremely light on my feet. DG shoes last me years :)

Family metabolism. I'm a freaking pig I just can't keep weight on.

My mom and my sister don't even break 200 lbs between the 2 of them.

same goes for my solomons.. i love them.. but the soles peel away.. must be from driving on concrete pads..sucks thats for sure.. 130 f*cking $$$

This happened to me with multiple pairs of shoes(new balances, nikes). I have no been rocking some keen red rock mids for a couple months...no wear.

Keen needs to send a tube of shoe goo with every purchase of a Milo. My Milo's only lasting a couple of wees before that fell apart. My $30 Bite Trekkers have lasted for 6 months now.

Vasque FTW!

I am a big fan of Vasque as well. This is what I used last year...http://www.vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7316-vasque/7316-vasque-mens-mantra-graphite-gray

They held up well for me and I am planning to use them again as soon as we get past the mud season. I would be very pleased if these shoes make it through 2 summer disc golf seasons.

Vasque is a big step up in quality and durability compared to Merrell & Keen.

Good call. I have a pair from my downhill racing days. The soles are SUPER grippy, which may or may not be a good thing. I'll have to bring them out for a few test rounds.
Ya, they are pretty tacky, but I have more of a walk up than a run up. I also pivot more around the hip than my foot. The best part about them is how the sole covers the midsole at/around the toe area.