• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kentucky States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky States is right down the road from me, and an event I look forward to each year. This is surely to create a firestorm. I know competitors and him personally went through a lot of distractions and hate for Tennessee States and had to deal with protesters. I'm not certain this drastic of a measure is the right course of PDGA protest though.

The TD is not in a difficult position, he is taking actions to ensure he could not be. Is the outrage in Kentucky so great? We have plenty of Pro/Am tournaments here in Michigan, most the same size or larger than this one. Deal with problems as they arise. He seems to be marketing for protesters, security, media and player distractions. Very unfortunate that a handful of unhinged bigots will succeed in impacting the entire female side of this event.

The TD is not in a difficult position, he is taking actions to ensure he could not be. Is the outrage in Kentucky so great? We have plenty of Pro/Am tournaments here in Michigan, most the same size or larger than this one. Deal with problems as they arise. He seems to be marketing for protesters, security, media and player distractions. Very unfortunate that a handful of unhinged bigots will succeed in impacting the entire female side of this event.

It's not a KY issue, at least that I know of. He had issues at Tennessee States. I haven't seen or heard (or witnessed as a TD myself) any problems with players in KY at KY events. I routinely offer all FP* and FA* divisions and haven't had any issues. I wonder if Tennessee States was his breaking point? I mean he's been hosting events and building courses longer than I've been alive. First time I've ever seen him not offer female divisions. I haven't seen a single protester at a KY event yet. If Natalie is the issue, it's not because he is against it. She was signed up for Bowling Green Open and he embraced it (I don't think she ended up playing and went to Stockton, CA instead). And she played and won his event at Tennessee States. I wonder if he isn't afraid. Someone on another page posted he was getting death threats and the PDGA told him to hire security. Not sure of any truth to that.

It's odd the topics Denny decides to contribute here. If only there was a corellation...

There were no F-divisions in 2022 either.

In 2021 there were 2 FPO competitors

This is a fringe issue.

Some of it I'm sure has to do with the low female participation numbers in the western Kentucky area across all events, and some of it probably has to do with Mahr Park being used for KY States. While beautiful, that course doesn't have alternate tee pads or basket locations and asking ladies to play that 10'000 foot course three days in a row might be a deterrent. I think it was 2020 maybe that female participation (in the am divisions) was so low the few ladies who did sign up played in the Mixed Am divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts