• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kinect DG Game??

Here's a video for disc golf on the PS3 Move. I might have to get a PS3 now. Looks very accurate as far as release points and angles.

Yeah I think it would be a good idea, and like yearofrolling said get the actual disc maker involved as well. Something like Tiger Woods as you progress open up new discs, bags, etc. Has anyone played the dg game on the PS Move?
I have and it's not that bad. The courses, playability and realism of the game is SO much greater than the Wii.

How many courses are there? That was my biggest concern since it was in a Sports Bundle game. I was afraid that it would only have one course and almost kill the replayability of the game.

It doesn't register your grip on the controller. You just have to press a button to "hold" the disc.

I realized that, I was just wondering what grip the makers of the game gave the player. It looks weird.

Does anybody out there know what a " Trugolf " simulator is ?

Its a big ass sceen that you hit golf balls at, and it projects where the ball goes against the course background.
You might have seen it if you ever watched Entourage on HBO.

I wanna Trudiscgolf simulator. Something where I can pick any course in the world to play, using my discs, in the comfort of my own home.

Program in wind and weather options, and maybe skins games against the pros, and I think it would be marketable.

You could empty your bag on a really challenging hole,playing it over and over, and never walk more than a few feet.

Wanna throw #12 at Fountain Hills, 375' out over the water, and never ever get a disc wet ?
Practice on a particular type of basket ?
Figure out what the best thumber disc for you is ?

All possible, without ever having to put on pants.

Extra courses could be carried on flash drives, you could link up multiple simulators for tourneys.

Endless possibilities.

That guy in the video has a weird disc golf bag.

Yeah, and I know there's only so much you can do with pre-throw animation, but they never put their bags down. :wall:

Initially I thought it was terrible, but it got better once I lined up the camera at a more shoulder-level height. Still, the game relies too much a releasing the trigger at the right time vs. having a clean swing and wrist snap. Aside from holding the controller at the proper angle, it seems any movement will suffice.

The possibilty of a nice looking and accurate DG game was a big factor in picking up the PS3 Move vs the 360's Kinect for me, but so far I'm liking Bocce Ball way more than the Disc Golf game in Move Sports. Hopefully something more dedicated comes out someday. I think with the camera and Move controller + the PS3's capabilities, all the groundwork is there.

Does anybody out there know what a " Trugolf " simulator is ?

Its a big ass sceen that you hit golf balls at, and it projects where the ball goes against the course background.
You might have seen it if you ever watched Entourage on HBO.

I wanna Trudiscgolf simulator. Something where I can pick any course in the world to play, using my discs, in the comfort of my own home.

Program in wind and weather options, and maybe skins games against the pros, and I think it would be marketable.

You could empty your bag on a really challenging hole,playing it over and over, and never walk more than a few feet.

Wanna throw #12 at Fountain Hills, 375' out over the water, and never ever get a disc wet ?
Practice on a particular type of basket ?
Figure out what the best thumber disc for you is ?

All possible, without ever having to put on pants.

Extra courses could be carried on flash drives, you could link up multiple simulators for tourneys.

Endless possibilities.

I hope that there won't be cameras on the simulators if nobody is going to put on pants to play.
:sick:

I like the bag they have. It looks almost like a nutsac but straps to the players back. I want one, has anyone seen something like that? I have used the backpack straps but you just can't throw with it.

Im hoping to get the bundle pack for PS3 for Christmas. Mom asked what I wanted and I told her that or a gift card to DGC. Win Win for me I guess.

I'm just concerned with the releasing the button to let go if it will mess my real game up since its been hard to get away from "slip" throwing.

Oh, I wonder if the PS3 has a motion controller like the Wii like this. this is tits!
101206_TronControllerWii2.grid-4x2.jpg

Im hoping to get the bundle pack for PS3 for Christmas. Mom asked what I wanted and I told her that or a gift card to DGC. Win Win for me I guess.

I'm just concerned with the releasing the button to let go if it will mess my real game up since its been hard to get away from "slip" throwing.

Oh, I wonder if the PS3 has a motion controller like the Wii like this. this is tits!
101206_TronControllerWii2.grid-4x2.jpg

Awesome controller but I can see that sucking battery life like a Mo' fo!

Latest posts