• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Kite Love

I got one in a players pack a few years ago. They have a ton of glide, kinda like the river almost. But a bit slower. Very nose angle forgiving. I can see someone with nose angle issues, but fairly smooth form throw one for 300' internet D and not throw a teebird much further.

My wife liked kites until she learned how to really throw. She now likes PDs, Visions, Sidewinders, Leos etc.

She was thinking of trying one again for turnovers though.

Im no Kite fan, but I believe this guy. There was a guy who regularly played my local course about two years ago who threw his kite for his furthest distance; i distinctly remember him getting it around 315' on a big hyzer. Thing is he also had an eagle that he had trouble getting 280'. I didnt know enough about form or discs at the time to realize how bizarre it was.

notsureifserious_joker.jpg

No such thing as a truly bad disc, but some are just "unique" and will only work for a small few.

I had a Kite for a while, and what I can say is it is not nose angle sensitive at all, and could be hyzer-fipped for a long ways. ANy kind of wind though; and god knows where its going.

I beleive the guy. Im betting he just doesnt have the actual arm speed for the Teebird, but enough snap to get some spin on that Kite and it will glide a long ways.

The Kite is like a Wolf in that most players will find it too flippy to be useful for anything but rollers, but every now and then I run into a Wolf savant who can throw the thing on a dime anywhere he wants to and beats me like a red-headed step child. I have not come across someone using a Kite like that, but I can see it happening. For low-power players or old Frisbee-type players who learned to play throwing flippy lids those discs could be the ticket. I can think of three guys in particular that I know that could probably take out 75% of this board rocking a Sonic/Wolf/Kite bag.

Last edited:
I think because its a new Star a little bit heavier than what I like to throw, and my week arm makes it more stable for me. I'll have to wait and see after it breaks in a bit if it gets flippy, which wont take too long cause i'll be throwing this on almost every hole. For now, its my new goto disc. Wish I tried this disc when I started playing two years ago, could have saved about $200. Really love that new R-pro Polecat also, them two disc will cover about 90% of my game. I just got my bag complete with 9 really good disc, and now I might just go with two (Kite & Polecat) lol.

I had a Kite but it was 175 i think. I let my buddy use it for a round as I found it to do nothing different then normal mids I had, so I just put it in my back bag, He loved it. he was using it for a whole round (I mean it was a small throw and putt style place longest hole 250ish) but He loved it. some people do like it.

Thinking about this again makes me want to get a bag full of the most flippy discs I can think of and just hyzer-flip them that wont flip entirely over (no Maximizer or Optimizer or whatever). I already use a Magic and from a steep hyzer it will flip and glide high in the air.

Super flippy discs can be fun in the field, but I find them much more frustrating on the course.

Yeah, you'd have to really get them down on the field.

Im wondering if maybe I should hit the practice field with my Defenders. Those things are pretty flippy.

My arm speed, power, overall throw must really suck, cause this Kite (167 Star) is not flippy at all. On a hard throw it goes stright then fades left a little bit. Its nothing like a Wolf, stingray or Roadrunner, I've thrown all 3 and I can tell ya, this thing does not turn unless I anhyzer it.

My arm speed, power, overall throw must really suck, cause this Kite (167 Star) is not flippy at all. On a hard throw it goes stright then fades left a little bit. Its nothing like a Wolf, stingray or Roadrunner, I've thrown all 3 and I can tell ya, this thing does not turn unless I anhyzer it.

The only mid I have in my bag at all times is my 169 Star Kite. I LOVE it... it does exactly what I want and the rim is much more cumfy to my hand (but I'm a girl). I can get just as much distance with it as my tee-bird (which I find harder to get distance with than a driver that's less stable). The only difference is the Skeeter is more domey & the Kite has a wider rim.

Great at last somone likes the Kite, so I throw like a girl, who cares as long as i'm kicking but out on the course.

Kite is definately faster than a Skeeter. From what I can tell, the Kite is a small diameter Stingray (maybe Im wrong on that. Been a while since I've had a Kite) which was a driver years ago.

Great at last somone likes the Kite, so I throw like a girl, who cares as long as i'm kicking but out on the course.

How did I know you were gonna say that?!?! :) I'm just saying, my arm speed isn't fast at all, but I can easily get 240ft on the Kite (always fades a little).

I have a 165g kite and I like it. I use it more for mid range shots at 150-200ft. It reminds me of a little faster stingray. I am more of a finese throw. xl is my straight shot disc with no fade.

Latest posts