• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Knife Hyzers

changes by personal opinion
and best by what definition?

you may wish to inquire as to what people's personal preferences are for such a shot

I like my heavy CE EXP 1s

others might not

edit: if it also helps I say this disc because
a) overstable
b) heavy
c) small rim and easy to grip

I use my Predators and Destroyers. If I really need to get up and down on it, I add a bit of wrist roll under.

I also have a crazy overstable Spirit in my bag that will knife down no matter how little hyzer you give it. If I need a short range knife hyzer and I really want to make sure it knifes down, I'll throw the Spirit. You just can't mess it up.

Really depends on the distance, height, wind etc. Most of the time I throw a banshee, firebird or pd2, but I'll use anything in my bag if it's right for the particular shot.

you tried throwing a scooby, i have used a tee-bird or other stable fairway driver to throw a scooby. turn the disc upside down and throw just like a knife hyzer and you can get the disc to either go straight up and down or get it to come back a little to the right rather fading out a little left. a tricky shot nonetheless but give it a whirl.

As for knife hyzer i throw a flat firebird and aim a little right

you tried throwing a scooby, i have used a tee-bird or other stable fairway driver to throw a scooby. turn the disc upside down and throw just like a knife hyzer and you can get the disc to either go straight up and down or get it to come back a little to the right rather fading out a little left. a tricky shot nonetheless but give it a whirl.

That's a grenade.

new Z pred. Or Firechicken of the 11x variety

I like the DX Banshee. The DX plastic is grippier than the champ, so just a tad less likely to go anywhere after hitting the ground.

Latest posts