• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I think the Stag would be between them for stability.
And same speed as the pro.
I don't throw the stag any more, because I was mad it didn't fly true to its #
It's a good disc just not what I wanted
the Saint Pro is what I wanted the stag to be.

I just dug out my Stag again.
Because I have been using my Underworld instead of my Fury.(and also playing with the Hatchet some)

I have noticed that the Westside stuff has a more standard square inside lip.
Compared to the Lat64 discs, which have a little of a plus type slanted lip.

Some days I just seem to have grip issues, and this seems to help.

I am new to the game and only have about 300' of golf power, the Saint is my go-to driver. I have a 168g Opto, and it goes dead straight with some decent fade at the end for me (when thrown flat at 300'). If I ever get out to 350'+ I will probably have to pick up a SaintPro for more consistent fade.

I am new to the game and only have about 300' of golf power, the Saint is my go-to driver. I have a 168g Opto, and it goes dead straight with some decent fade at the end for me (when thrown flat at 300'). If I ever get out to 350'+ I will probably have to pick up a SaintPro for more consistent fade.

alright...

Everything sounds good but the "decent fade" part. No Saint I've thrown has more than a very small amount of fade. Not much turn, not much fade...and better hope not much wind.

Everything sounds good but the "decent fade" part. No Saint I've thrown has more than a very small amount of fade. Not much turn, not much fade...and better hope not much wind.

heard that dog

they are lasers. one of the all out straightest discs ive ever thrown

Dont wait get it now, you will like it
for me its a little shorter, better in the wind, and has a bigger fade

I just dug out my Stag again.
Because I have been using my Underworld instead of my Fury.(and also playing with the Hatchet some)

I have noticed that the Westside stuff has a more standard square inside lip.
Compared to the Lat64 discs, which have a little of a plus type slanted lip.

Some days I just seem to have grip issues, and this seems to help.

i am back to throwing the saint/saint pro combo.
i have been without a back-up saint for a while
(i am actually using the back-up, because my original went into the river)
and it has bothered me on tourney days, i was scared i would loose it and i would be toast.
(because it is my go to driver)
attachment.php

But I got one today that is a good color and the right weight

Attachments

• 20150101_175528-1.jpg
    20150101_175528-1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I've slowly built up a selection of Saints in a variety of weights and plastics: between 150 something Opto air, to max weight Opto, with Gold and RGL in between.

I was using a low 170s Saint a lot last summer, lost it, and replaced it with another nearly identical glopto I bought as a pair on the market place, just under 170. I forgot how stable a fresh Saint is.

For me, Saints beat into what a fresh River is, which beat into Underworld or Diamond territory, although I've never found Rivers to hold the anhyzers right to the ground when thrown right.

Saint is definitely at the head of the table for my power level and style of throwing.

I was using a low 170s Saint a lot last summer, lost it, and replaced it with another nearly identical glopto I bought as a pair on the market place, just under 170. I forgot how stable a fresh Saint is.

by getting this new one, i can remove both my back up saint pro, and the stag i was using as a back up for the saint
because it has a touch higher PLH than my current saint, and the fact that its new
it should fall right in between my current saint and saint pro for stability
making it a back up for both discs either way = 1 disc lighter bag :D

You are definitely throwing discs that I like - got a Saint Pro a while back, but have only thrown it a few times. Waiting for spring now....

Last edited:
For me, Saints beat into what a fresh River is, which beat into Underworld or Diamond territory, although I've never found Rivers to hold the anhyzers right to the ground when thrown right.

I agree with this (except the anhyzer part). I didn't understand why the website says the Saint is like a faster/longer River, until I worked it in for 2 or 3 months. It lost the fade and got a little turn after a few weeks, but after some time it is pretty straight with just a wiggle right and left. Definitely a different disc than when it was brand new. The weird thing is that it doesn't even look beat, opto plastic is deceiving.

I need to try a fresher River...mine is beat understable like you said also and I don't trust it anymore. It may be a roller disc soon, even though it looks like it's ok cosmetically.

I was surprised to read that he would get the Saint as his signature disc as he doesn't throw it, but that is actually a Saint Pro. Makes much more sense now. :D

I was surprised to read that he would get the Saint as his signature disc as he doesn't throw it, but that is actually a Saint Pro. Makes much more sense now. :D

Whoops. That was my fault, yeah it's a saint pro. Great disc and am excited to see him do good again this year. He's a good dude and can throw anything.

I'm not surprised after his in the bag - he carrys a LOT of Saint Pros.

I'm curious how quickly these are beating for others.

I have Opto Saints in my bag, all 3 are 150 class which is what I bag for most drivers.

They seem to develop HS Turn very quickly.

Early on they matched the -1, 2 numbers, but now my most beat one is really show HS turn, more like a -3, 1

I do not throw them at max power, and top out at about 310' with a Saint right now.

The catch is, the one most beat has been in the bag about 3 weeks. It matched the numbers when I bought it new.

Is this typical? Will it break in so far and stop?

It's not me, I have an identical one fresh right beside it that matches the -1, 2.

Does the 150 class beat in extra quick?

So I know this is an old thread, has everyone moved away from the Saint? Does it break in too quick?

So I know this is an old thread, has everyone moved away from the Saint? Does it break in too quick?

I haven't thrown one for a bit...but my experience is they just aren't trusty. Very fun disc to throw, but not consistent throw to throw in a way. They beat in to like a stable Sidewinder flight...if you throw them hard then they will turn and if you back off they will come out. Most players simply don't have the arm speed to make it fly like a "longer River", as it does take more power to throw than the River to get it to go farther. But if you can throw that hard, then you can likely use a more stable disc that is a little more consistent in the wind. It is a fun disc, and I've had some incredible tunnel shots and turnovers that go forever with them, and also some shots that have gone horribly off line both left and right.

I know you asked about the 150 class above, I have only thrown a few in normal weights. IME they do start out the -1/2 and break in over a month or so to -2/1 on hard rips. But...if you back off...2 fade again and will sweep left. The few I've tried did seem to stay at that initial beat in stability rather than getting progressively flippier.

Last edited:
I've thrown the same Opto Saint for 5-6 years now, need to give some hyzer to see it flip to flat and finish straight. Maybe it's because its an ol' faithful but I can find almost any line with a Saint. I carry the old beaten one and also a fresher one when I need a straight flight with fade in the end. Then I've added an Explorer for more HSS duties and a beaten in River for even more US/anny lines.

I recommend the Saint to anyone who wants to step up their distance, once they throw 250 ft.

Latest posts