• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

Westside should cut the following high speed drivers:

Queen
Sorcerer
Catapult
Either King or Destiny. Keep one of the two, but not both. They're too similar.

Sorcerer is great. So is the Destiny. I know people who throw Kings.

Queen was never needed though, you got that right. Catapult seems like another meh mold. 2 out of 3 right!

You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.

You could throw one of the Nothman/Sampo/Fortress/Longbowman in there, they are different from one another but if you lose one the others cover it well.

I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.

I would definitely lose the Sampo and the Northman, I feel like the longbowman is a fairly unique fairway due to its rim shape, and the Fortress is another great mold that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Also, the Queen needs to go, its a super-fast understable driver that never really seemed to gain traction.

Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.

Sorcerer would be next. Really flippy and not nearly as long/glidey as the King or Destiny. I could never find a use for the Sorcerer.

I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.

I kind of agree, though when you hit the Sorcerer just right, kaboom, it is loooong. If you got a stack of them and did some field work, you might have something special.

I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.

I've thrown 5 or 6 Sorcerers over the years. Every time I find one I think, "this is going to be the one". They all fly exactly the same for me. Really flippy, and somewhat glideless. I can hyzerflip a Sorcerer and get OK results, but there are just so many other better molds around that do similar stuff.

The margin for error is high with Sorcerers. Throw them too little and they stall. Throw them even an iota too hard and they flip bad.

I figure out of 10 drives with a Sorcerer, I'd probably get 2 really good ones. Rest would be flipped or stalled.

Yes it is a "special" mold. I don't usually bag one, but when I occasionally do, I get some interesting results.

Of all Westside's discs, the Queen would be the first to go if it were up to me. I've only thrown 1 Queen, and I hated it. Really fast, flippy, and not exceptionally long. For whatever reason the Bolt was such a better understable mold. The Queen is clunky, somewhat glideless, and short for being so fast.

For me, the rim shape also just feels very odd in the hand, couldn't get comfortable with it at all

Some wide rimmed drivers need more finesse than you'd think. UnLace comes to mind, Sorcerer for sure. Full gorilla rip and they flip; take a little off and hit the hyzer angle just right and you have something special. Bolt is another.

Some wide rimmed drivers need more finesse than you'd think. UnLace comes to mind, Sorcerer for sure. Full gorilla rip and they flip; take a little off and hit the hyzer angle just right and you have something special. Bolt is another.

I agree. All of those are really finicky. They have a very small window of effective flight. Slightly underthrow them and they stall. Slightly overthrow them and they flip hard. You could probably add the Nuke SS and Freedom to that group.

BTW, I feel like the Nuke SS and Bolt have more distance potential than the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer to me seemed to lack glide and had a dumpier late fade (if you don't flip it in the first place).

I feel the same way about some of the Innova Wide rim drivers, Wahoo comes to mind. Having thrown my brothers Wahoo one time several throws the mold takes a type of drive the way a Dragon does but with more 12 speed disc power while having to curtail the letting disc get ripped from the hand rather then release he hand not the way most really OS disc or High speed 11-12 discs on up are used getting ripped from the hand. Otherwise the disc turns to the right if you try to rip it from the hand rather then release the disc. Odd in that respect but other then that the Wahoo flies like a faster Valkyrie that needs a bit higher line to throw the mold then Valkyrie, can't do the 3-4 feet above the ground long throw the way a Valkyrie can.

I feel the same way about some of the Innova Wide rim drivers, Wahoo comes to mind. Having thrown my brothers Wahoo one time several throws the mold takes a type of drive the way a Dragon does but with more 12 speed disc power while having to curtail the letting disc get ripped from the hand rather then release he hand not the way most really OS disc or High speed 11-12 discs on up are used getting ripped from the hand. Otherwise the disc turns to the right if you try to rip it from the hand rather then release the disc. Odd in that respect but other then that the Wahoo flies like a faster Valkyrie that needs a bit higher line to throw the mold then Valkyrie, can't do the 3-4 feet above the ground long throw the way a Valkyrie can.

I think I might agree with you Casey. But I also might not. I'm not sure. But isn't a Wahoo the same numbers flightwise as a tern which is very similar to a shryke? I love me a tern. I have a G star shryke but I haven't thrown it much. More for snow rounds for me. But Wahoos and dragons are junk. Straight garbage for me. I hate that plastic.

I think I might agree with you Casey. But I also might not. I'm not sure. But isn't a Wahoo the same numbers flight wise as a tern which is very similar to a Shryke? I love a tern. I have a G Star Shryke but I haven't thrown it much. More for snow rounds for me. But Wahoos and Dragons are junk. Straight garbage for me. I hate that plastic.

Dragons are a good disc if one knows when to use it. It is just that the modern lightweight DX is now R style, so it is not that great if they are still insisting the plastic is DX and not R-Pro on a lightweight scale because then it is an okay lightweight plastic for R-Pro. In fact to me it feels wrong to call the modern lightweight DX plastic a DX at all now, more like the old stiff type R-Pro but made lightweight. The Dragon just takes the right type of throw to work, not too much or they end up flying to the right bad and also is not a bad flyer just like a Valkyrie in flight and can't fight the wind at all unlike some Star nearly flat top Valkyrie that can fight some winds up to 20 -25 mph. The R-pro for the Wahoo is the stiff stuff that the putters should be made in more like an how old R-Pro putter feels, it is stiff like the modern Pro for drivers if made in the normal not floppy plastic. The current R-Pro for putters is wildly inconstant. The Whaoo is an odd disc since the power needs to be just right due partially to the plastic making the disc a tad off from other similar Innova discs in flight numbers including the Valkyrie, Beast, and Archon type disc that are also a -2, 2 in the turn and fade of the disc. Close to a Shrike but not due to the plastic helping the disc be a tad US then a Valkyrie, Beast, and Archon type discs.

Anyhow sorry everyone for the thread drift by me.

I'm curious how the Nikko signing will effect the eventual Westside OOP cuts. I saw that he is considering putting with Crowns, which should keep that mold safe (thankfully, since that's my putting putter). The other Westside molds I throw are either mid-level stability or flippy, so unfortunately I don't think he will bag any of them.

I'm curious how the Nikko signing will effect the eventual Westside OOP cuts. I saw that he is considering putting with Crowns, which should keep that mold safe (thankfully, since that's my putting putter). The other Westside molds I throw are either mid-level stability or flippy, so unfortunately I don't think he will bag any of them.

I hate how they have chose to do these announcements. I've been wanting to try several west side molds but won't buy any because I have no idea what they're going to OOP

The ones I was worried about, just bought a few to be safe. If I have to replace the Warhorse or Bard I could. Stag and Swan would be harder.

Don't think the former two are in much danger though, Warhorse seems to sell a bit and a couple of pros bag a Bard.

The ones I was worried about, just bought a few to be safe. If I have to replace the Warhorse or Bard I could. Stag and Swan would be harder.

Don't think the former two are in much danger though, Warhorse seems to sell a bit and a couple of pros bag a Bard.

Stag has become my most thrown mold. I really have been relying on stretching them out a lot lately in situations I would normally throw a faster more stable disc. They go so far when thrown clean with just a touch of hyzer. Thanks again for suggesting them!

Stag has become my most thrown mold. I really have been relying on stretching them out a lot lately in situations I would normally throw a faster more stable disc. They go so far when thrown clean with just a touch of hyzer. Thanks again for suggesting them!

They really do boom, I'd recommend them to anyone who throws less than 425 max. I can make them go as far as almost anything.

Just when you thought certain Westside molds would be slated for axing, I watched Paige Shue on the live feed today, and she is interested in throwing more Westside. The Seer caught her attention, which seemed dead in the water to me. With Nico also on board, who knows what is gonna happen with this slightly orphaned but much beloved brand.

Latest posts