• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

Can you compare it to a CD2 or Undertaker? Looks like similar flight numbers.

Undertaker is close, Stag probably has a tick more turn and fade though. Would say most CD2s are more stable, the hold straight longer on a flat throw.

Agreed, definitely not a headwind disc. They absolutely crush in tailwinds though, and they can be used to manipulate crosswinds with a bit of practice.

Bump (again). Has anyone heard any rumblings of when the Westside OOP cuts will occur?

Related question -- if Stags were to go OOP, what flies closest to them and are a suitable replacement? I threw Escapes in that slot previously, but I like that Stags are slower and more controllable. The slower speed also makes them easier to get down for rollers. I've never thrown anything quite like a Stag, and that worries me.

EDIT: Discmania FD seems like the obvious answer, but I've tried FDs and I prefer the Stag by a wide margin.

Last edited:
Bump (again). Has anyone heard any rumblings of when the Westside OOP cuts will occur?

Related question -- if Stags were to go OOP, what flies closest to them and are a suitable replacement? I threw Escapes in that slot previously, but I like that Stags are slower and more controllable. The slower speed also makes them easier to get down for rollers. I've never thrown anything quite like a Stag, and that worries me.

EDIT: Discmania FD seems like the obvious answer, but I've tried FDs and I prefer the Stag by a wide margin.

Probably the Vandal, but it's not a perfect replacement.

Honestly if it goes OOP I'll just hoard it and keep throwing them as long as I have them and they fly like they should.

Probably the Vandal, but it's not a perfect replacement.

Honestly if it goes OOP I'll just hoard it and keep throwing them as long as I have them and they fly like they should.

Yeah, I may go the hoarder route too. But I did that to an extent with Evidences, and I really don't like the thought of having 2 key molds OOP. So I don't know.

If Westside does cut the Stag, I've considered auditioning the Sidewinder, Heat, TL, and Vandal. Maybe even revisiting the FD (especially if they ever produce a P-FD). All of those are imperfect solutions though. I might just have to come to terms with gobbling up every domey Stag I can find.

Yeah, where is the cut announcement that was promised with such fanfare months ago? Maybe they forgot after the DD and Lat announcements were (IMHO) such duds. Meh.

Have you tried a Maverick?

Have you tried a Maverick?

Maverick is a good suggestion, and one I will keep in mind. I tossed a buddy's around a bit when they first came out. Wasn't my favorite hand feel since I tend to like slightly wider fairways, but flight was like a worked in Stag if I remember correctly. And DD makes the Maverick in all of their plastic types, which is a major bonus. I imagine that the Lucid-X Maverick probably flies a lot like a fresh Stag.

But I'd really rather Westside just announce that the Stag will stay in production forever.

Yeah, where is the cut announcement that was promised with such fanfare months ago? Maybe they forgot after the DD and Lat announcements were (IMHO) such duds. Meh.

Yeah, really frustrating. I really wish they'd go ahead and announce already. Just get it over with.

I throw northmen, boatmen, stags and pines. All of these have me worried. I feel like the stag would be the safest of these but who knows

Maverick is a good suggestion, and one I will keep in mind. I tossed a buddy's around a bit when they first came out. Wasn't my favorite hand feel since I tend to like slightly wider fairways, but flight was like a worked in Stag if I remember correctly. And DD makes the Maverick in all of their plastic types, which is a major bonus. I imagine that the Lucid-X Maverick probably flies a lot like a fresh Stag.

But I'd really rather Westside just announce that the Stag will stay in production forever.

I would second the Maverick recommendation. I love those things.

Team Westside's Erika Stinchcomb throws Stags. Doubt they'd pull the rug from under her.

I bough ta Stag. Threw it on a hole I imagined it would be great for, and it turned way too much. Never threw it again. I should probably revisit.

Yeah, I may go the hoarder route too. But I did that to an extent with Evidences, and I really don't like the thought of having 2 key molds OOP. So I don't know.

If Westside does cut the Stag, I've considered auditioning the Sidewinder, Heat, TL, and Vandal. Maybe even revisiting the FD (especially if they ever produce a P-FD). All of those are imperfect solutions though. I might just have to come to terms with gobbling up every domey Stag I can find.

DM discontinued p-line/pro plastic in drivers last year sometime. I wish I had thrown a Stag to help compare, the FD is one of my favorites!

Pines are out of stock pretty much everywhere, so it seems dead in the water. Sad, it's my favorite midrange, and I haven't found a great replacement yet, though I need to try MD4s.

Pines are out of stock pretty much everywhere, so it seems dead in the water. Sad, it's my favorite midrange, and I haven't found a great replacement yet, though I need to try MD4s.

I kind of figured this was going to happen. I picked up a Z wasp last year. It's not a pine but I'll have to work with it some more.

DM discontinued p-line/pro plastic in drivers last year sometime. I wish I had thrown a Stag to help compare, the FD is one of my favorites!

oh dang, that's too bad. P-line is such a good midgrade plastic. The only Discmania disc I currently bag is a PDx for utility overstability, so thankfully that doesn't affect me. But it does make the FD less of a potential Stag competitor.

I'd try a moonshine EMac, or a Lucid Verdict and season it a bit for similar flights....Could also try a Mace

Latest posts