• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

least favorite disc IN your bag?

I guess it's my DGA Breaker. I don't dislike it, but I bought it after I lost my Zone. #1 it's NOT a Zone and #2 I'm still getting used to it I guess. I've made a few good "into the wind" putts with it and it held up, but so far it hasn't "gotten me out of trouble" like the Zone did. Time will tell.

Isn't the Breaker supposed to be a tweaked Ringer?

Great question.

My least favorite disc was a 175 Tourny Pro Cyclone or a 175ish Elite Pro MRX, and both have since been removed. The TP Cyclone was more overstable than I would like, almost like I wasn't getting it up to speed. The MRX flew like a Roc, straight to fade, but seemed like it had no glide and this was a shorter disc than my other mids.

As for right now, of discs I currently carry around, it's my 170 DX Rhyno. I love Rhynos, don't get my wrong, but the disc is relatively fresh and stupidly overstable. When it beats in, it'll be great.
All of those discs have since left my bag. Although none of my discs are my least favorite right now, but perhaps my 175 DX Firebird could be because it's not as overstable as I need it to be. It's now holding down the overstable fairway slot instead of the stupidly overstable slot.

Until the recent strip down of my bag, it was a close call between my 170 Z Hornet and 169 DX Eagle. The Hornet, as I have written elsewhere, its very overstable but gets knocked around in the wind because of its glide. The Eagle was almost mini-Firebirdish, being very stiff and not breaking in despite heavy use. Both of these discs have left the bag.

Other than that, life is too short to throw discs you don't like.

Last edited:
I guess maybe my Lucid Escape, sometimes it flips and sometimes it fades. Its obviously my fault, and I still use it. Shooooooooot, I guess I just need to get better......:\

152 starlight Roadrunner- Obviously this is a situational disc and I have had some great throws with it (think 35mph tail wind) but Its only in there because I threw my 167RR in a pond. I have a hard time getting a consistent release with anything <165ish. Roadrunners are plenty US at around 170+/- I just havent picked another one up yet

I have one particular KC pro roc, that has always been a bit odd. It was never truly moderately overstable like they typically start, and even though it has settled into straight with a soft fade, it is still way more twitchy than the more understable rocs in the bag below it. Really should get rid of it, but I like the stamp. Pretty poor reason...

Definitely have to be my Champion Monster.. Thing is pretty much pointless and have no faith in it. Bought it for thumbers nope still sucks.

It's gotta be the champion roadrunner, it's great for left turning shots (LHBH) but i cannot get the thing to roll backhand. I've been using the Mamba for backhand rolls but i'd like the Roadrunner to be able to cover both the left turning shots and the rolling duties.

My stupid OS brand new 12x Champion Firebird, it needs some quality tree smashes to break-in a bit. Sadly, this michigan winter has been brutal, not many rounds to be played this winter :(

Right now it is probably my underworld or fuse, The underworld I haven't been able to play around with enough to get it dialed in. The fuse and me aren't on speaking terms right now, it decided to be a hooker last round and do nothing but turn and burn into the ground the whole time, it's my fault and not the discs but I'm still blaming it for now.

DX Giselle.

Warped like a MF. Only in there cause it's my dad's disc. Me makes me keep it in there

For me, its my Trident. It is kind of a puke/poop color and can be hard to find. I hardly ever throw it, but I take it with me every round in case I need a hard left with a HUGE skip. :\

My stupid OS brand new 12x Champion Firebird, it needs some quality tree smashes to break-in a bit. Sadly, this michigan winter has been brutal, not many rounds to be played this winter :(

HA! Trust me, FAF firebirds will never break in. The PLH is super high and it's super flat, no amount of dings and dents will change it's flight. Just buy the most recent run, they came out with a bit of dome.

Lol... That's not true at all. Every disc breaks in and as the flight plate gets worn the surface friction changes and less wind resistance with added glide. Not to mention the grinding of bottom on every landing which also breaks in a disc much more than dings in the rim.

Definitely the Champ Valk. It is pretty much a speed 9 flash, and I only keep it because it looks pretty. No joke. I might just dye it and give it to my friend who's in need of a driver.

haha blizzard katana.. its always pretty windy here in GA and i just can never throw the thing.. way to flippy!!

Latest posts