• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Are Ghost still very domey and Roc like? This is the reason I havent got one, I dont really like Rocs

I have like 7 ghosts in various plastics and some are indeed more domey than others, especially the baser plastics. The first run pinnacle plastics were super flat, actually, they were concave. I really loved those first runs so after I bought my first one I bought my second one. I got that one signed by Steve Rico and then never threw it again. Still needed a back-up so I bought another. After a while I liked the pinnacle so much I asked Steve if he would let me have some of the other plastic and he told me to just grab them, so I did ;).

That disc is one of the most used discs in my bag. I typically have 2 FR's and 1 SR which is a lot more domey in my bag at all times.

^Yeah, the first run Pinnacles are board flat and $, they are my favorite Ghosts to date. My second runs are more domey. Has anyone grabbed a production run yet? I am curious if they are like the first runs, or more like the second runs.

^Yeah, the first run Pinnacles are board flat and $, they are my favorite Ghosts to date. My second runs are more domey. Has anyone grabbed a production run yet? I am curious if they are like the first runs, or more like the second runs.

I have a production run coming in the mail and now y'alls makin' me nervous. <_< I expected it to be like my first run Pinnacle, nice and flat. Perhaps I'll be in for a surprise. As long as it isn't as domed up as my excel I'm cool.

I've got a bunch of ZAM stamped legacy coming in a few days, with pinnacle ghosts as part of the order. I'll report back When I get them. I'm hoping the plastic is a bit softer myself.

i felt a couple production stamp ones at GGGT; they felt fine. not too domey. the plastic was about what you'd expect; not rock hard like the first runs but definitely not gummy.

and the gravity ghost is hardly even wearing. this thing is wonderful. just a perfect straight-to-long fade disc, yet not so stable to flex out of anny early. it is a true workhorse. it goes far, has good glide. i'll be getting more. it's solidified a spot in my bag for sure. great disc. got me a few parkjobs today.

a quick side-by-side of my ghosts that will be bagged. orange 179 gravity, clear 180 pinnacle. the pinnacle is very similar in profile to the gravity i like so much. it has just a bit of a more gradual shoulder that extends toward the center of the plate and then it is flat across the top. very comfortable in the hand, feels similar to the gravity . . . but the gravity feels better since it's flatter. :D not that the pinnacle feels domey by any means.

the pinnacle's PLH is waaaaaaaay higher. it's starting to snow so i don't really feel like getting out to throw, but yeah. i imagine this thing will be a dependable disc in the wind, yet still go a long way due to that higher shoulder. hopefully i get to throw it soon. the plastic is still somewhat stiff, yet still has good grip. about what you'd expect from pinnacle.

*edit* i do have to say that the flashing trimjob was complete garbage. it's as bad as some latitude i've had. i don't know whether or not i should trim it; you think it will alter the flight much?

DSC_0155_zpsx0kfzqkt.jpg

DSC_0156_zpscd5cind4.jpg

DSC_0157_zpsocmvef4i.jpg

Last edited:
*edit* i do have to say that the flashing trimjob was complete garbage. it's as bad as some latitude i've had. i don't know whether or not i should trim it; you think it will alter the flight much?

Can't speak to the Ghost, but cleaning the 400S PA2's flashing took away a lot of beef.

Can't speak to the Ghost, but cleaning the 400S PA2's flashing took away a lot of beef.

i should have specified, i guess - the flashing on the bottom is perfect. it's the flashing around the rim that's terrible. look at the third picture and you can see it touching the gravity ghost. :gross:

i should have specified, i guess - the flashing on the bottom is perfect. it's the flashing around the rim that's terrible. look at the third picture and you can see it touching the gravity ghost. :gross:

If that's the case, it shouldn't affect stability too.
How is the flex and grip on the production run pinnacles? I was a little bummed at how stiff the first runs were.

If that's the case, it shouldn't affect stability too.
How is the flex and grip on the production run pinnacles? I was a little bummed at how stiff the first runs were.

i actually got rid of two first runs because i thought they were too stiff/glassy without any grip. this has more flex to it and it definitely has better grip. it's not "flexible" per se, or gummy, but it's definitely much better IMO.

i actually got rid of two first runs because i thought they were too stiff/glassy without any grip. this has more flex to it and it definitely has better grip. it's not "flexible" per se, or gummy, but it's definitely much better IMO.

Good to hear... I may have to give them another go.

I have a Legend Rival that had flashing like that. It was incredibly sharp and uncomfortable to grip, so I very carefully removed with a razor. Well that Rival flies like a broken in GL River now. I never threw it prior to removing the flashing (I was pretty certain that would have been asking for a sliced open hand) so I don't know how much the flight was altered, but everything that I have read indicates that the Legend Rivals are supposed to be among the beefiest of Rivals.

Not bashing on Legacy here. I like the company and continue to buy their products. Just one man's experience.

got out to throw it a little bit in the wind. pretty wind resistant. in the cold it is super hard and somewhat slick, not at all how it felt inside at room temp. to put it in perspective, my champ eagle was not as hard or as slick. it is what it is, i guess. i'm cool with it. it fight the wind pretty well.

i disc up when it's windy like today so it's not like i'm going to use it for that specific purpose, but for a mid i want to use when it's gusty and unpredictable it will work well.

As far as the flashing goes, if you know how to remove it cleanly, go ahead. When I was getting some Legacy discs off the shelves, many of them had flashing, and a Legacy worker (Jesse) litterally took off the flashing with some tool (hand tool) in about 2 seconds. It was pretty cool to watch.

just coming back with some more ghost praise - really more gravity praise too.

well, i still haven't really thrown my pinnacle much. that's alright, it is pretty HSS and LSS, i know what it'll do. my gravity has gotten some pretty good tree knocks, but for the most part it's avoided direct impact. :) it's flying longer and with more float than before; it goes surprisingly far with little effort and is already basically my go-to. i see the comet complement much more now than before. i throw it a lot from a standstill where i'd normally drive a putter and it has brought me good success. when i do drive it, it really goes a long way. i don't know if that's how a roc flies, but if it does i can see how it's so popular. i parked a hole where i typically throw my fairways which is an accomplishment typically reserved for, you guessed it, the comet.

me likey. i've been slowly transitioning over to base plastic for a lot of my regular throwers - it started with the zero hard pure, then the comet in elite x (not technically a base plastic i guess, but whatever), the wizard, then the ghost and dx fairways. something about base plastic really does fly different. the ghost seems perfect for this plastic. it just goes farther but still has fade. i'm looking forward to the wear progression. it's slow enough that i don't wonder how it will throw after an impact, but fast enough that after 12-15 rounds with it i have noticed a definite, albeit subtle, change in the flight.

I've thrown a proto m3 version m2 and a few different flavors of ghost and I think the m2 is beefier. To me anyhow the ghost has more of a roc3 like flight.

I've thrown the same M2 as dehaas. The M2 was like a faster, glidier Wasp, whereas the Ghosts have all been like a slower Roc-like flight. The Metallic I threw had no turn, but the Gravity would turn a little if I laid into it.

I ordered a Gravity Ghost 173 yellow and a Icon Ghost 176 white from discgolfcenter.com and can't wait to see how they fly. I throw mostly MVP, but Legacy piqued my interest when I threw what I believe is a Rival in the Pinnacle plastic (no stamp, but I'm pretty sure from the flight path). I'm hoping that I can beat in the Gravity to a straight flyer or even a turn over disc eventually. Depending on the flight of the Icon, I'm thinking I can kick out the an old vector or tensor. We'll see.

Latest posts