• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Discs...some sweet plastic!!

So lion is the person to get the legacy from? cause I would like to order a Rival and Patriot but cannot find patriots anywhere.

patriots are not out yet....you can get ahold of Steve Valencia and he has proto experimental blend patriots that are $25 each 100 made in glitter gold...and 100 made in glitter silver...and yes go through Lion for anything Legacy discs...

Legacy stopped making the protege plastic all together until the durability goes up. Sure they have protege stuff in stock but are testing different mixes and density plastics to come out with a better product.

The Protege feels sweet so I hope they get it worked out, I've been having very good luck with the Excel which is just as stiff as the protege just not as much grip. I picked up an Icon Ghost today which is the stiffest premium plastic I have ever felt, I think it will be nice but we'll see in a few days when I get home.

just got 2 gravity clutch ...my first gravity plastic...they feel great...might get out and throw a few in the practice basket when the rain lets up...

Legacy stopped making the protege plastic all together until the durability goes up. Sure they have protege stuff in stock but are testing different mixes and density plastics to come out with a better product.

Awwww man....i really liked that plastic. My rampages and clutches have great durability. :\
Gravity is still the same right? Any other plastic changes?

just got 2 gravity clutch ...my first gravity plastic...they feel great...might get out and throw a few in the practice basket when the rain lets up...

Love Mine! and so do the baskets :D Smooth and straight with lovely predictability as a putter. I didn't really like it as a thrower tho.

I like the names almost as much as the plastic. Some of the best disc names ever IMO. Cannon & Rampage sound like the beastly drivers they are, Rival & Patriot sound like powerful workhorse control drivers, Ghost sounds sneaky good, and there can't be a better name for a putter than Clutch & Clozer.

I've been throwing a couple icon ghosts this past week and I'm pretty impressed. Although I swear I threw it a couple times yesterday on a hyzer, and it held the hyzer angle in flight, but flew dead straight. It was weird. No wind to speak of, so that can't explain it. Regardless, I like it a lot. I think it pairs with comets just as well, if not better, than rocs.

All that said, I'd really like protege ghosts, and better weight selection.

Been thinking about that a lot lately. The wasp/comet is nice. But transitioning from rocs isnt easy. I was considering the ghost nowthat it comes in a mid/base plastic. Have thise blends changed any recently? Im afraid of getting a couple that are at the shop and having them not be the same as what theyre going to be regularly making.

Also, has anyone gotten their hands on a pinnacle ghost?

All that said, I'd really like protege ghosts...

What's the difference between protege and excel? I'm experimenting with my slightly O/S midrange slot in my bag and I'm pretty sure the Ghost is going to win out. I currently am carrying a First Run Icon and a Gravity Ghost which pair pretty well with my warships. I was worried the Gravity would be a bit floppy, but not at all.

I really wish they'd release the Pinnacle versions they were talking out as I suspect they'll be even more O/S than the Icon ones.

I only have a few rounds with ghosts, but I think they may be sensitive to arm speed/spin in the same way comets are. Sometimes they flew overstable, sometimes stable. If I'm right about the comet comparison to explain the difference, all the more reason to like the mold and ghost/comet combo.

I like comets a lot, but I haven't had them in the bag because they throw so much differently than anything else. For me at least, to throw comets well, I have to throw them regularly. However, I'd like something more overstable as a workhorse, so if ghosts pan out, they may be the best fit because ghosts and comets feel similar, and more importantly, throw similar, but fly differently. That's perfect.

Although I have to get some more time in with them to know for sure, and as I said before, ideally the more base plastics, excel and protege, will have the same flight characteristics. I'd try a pinnacle too though. Not sure I'd want the superhard pinnacle that the rivals are in though.

What got me started on ghosts was the similar feel of of rocs, but the vertical rim. I'm tired of the plus-ish rims of rocs these days. The vertical rims help my release.

just ordered a sparkle gold patriot and spatkle silver patriot for the wall.!

im really starting to love legacy! Now all i need is a pearly red/white /blue patriot anda black pearly 1st run. :hfive:

I got my Pinnacle Rivals from Lion the day before christmas!!! I played 2 rounds at white river, using the Rival for all my drives and mid-range work. The cold made the disc a bit more stable than it should be, however I did get some killer 200-300 foot drives with it. I had a couple of good ace runs, but no chains.
I'm just waiting patiently for the Patriot ;-) My golf bag has become Legacy central!!

Do the putters come in premium plastics? Also, I know this might be too soon, but does anyone know what they will come out with next?

The Protege feels sweet so I hope they get it worked out, I've been having very good luck with the Excel which is just as stiff as the protege just not as much grip. I picked up an Icon Ghost today which is the stiffest premium plastic I have ever felt, I think it will be nice but we'll see in a few days when I get home.

I got my black Icon grinder Ghost from Lion today and this Icon plastic is really sweet, just as stiff as my yellow Icon Ghost but with more grip. I paid Lion for the disc Saturday morning and got it in the mail today(Monday). :hfive:

I have a pink pearly icon cannon. Honestly, bought it because of the color and the DD stamp on it. So sweet. It's kinda like salmon pink.

Do the putters come in premium plastics? Also, I know this might be too soon, but does anyone know what they will come out with next?

I picked up a blue Icon Clozer and it is super sweet, like star but a little stiffer. The Clozer in Icon is a little more stable and feels a little faster.

just ordered a sparkle gold patriot and spatkle silver patriot for the wall.!

im really starting to love legacy! Now all i need is a pearly red/white /blue patriot anda black pearly 1st run. :hfive:

What is it in particular that has drawn you to their product?

Plastic, friends, drive, motivation, molds, difference In textures of plastic and look. Overall story of how it all came to be. Years of watching Steve Rico go unsponsored while he planned to start the company with his brother. The way he didn't sellout or just leave a sponser to go start his company. I'm drawn to SoCal and its roots. These guys have been good to many and there product has some good differences from other brands. It's also easier to track the evolution of the company since its been around for a few years. Understand there learning a lot as they go and doing there best to stay competitive with other company's.

What is it in particular that has drawn you to their product?