• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

Yeah I cant wait to sell a bunch on here to everyone to test out and send me reviews. I will post some pictures of logos and disc pics, plus any video links I come accross. These discs will be made to excel, Bamba and Steve are serious about this sport and have been in it deep for 20+ years. You can only expect good things.

Here is a picture of one of the protos and logo.

Attachments

• legacy.JPG
    legacy.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 430
But this one goes to 14!

tufnel1.jpg

Pretty good design on the shirt. Is that going to be the stamp for the disc?

Bamba and Steve are all in on this and extremely excited. Really looking forward to getting my hands on one.
I'm working with Bamba right now on the design for their stamp.

Bamba and Steve are all in on this and extremely excited. Really looking forward to getting my hands on one.
I'm working with Bamba right now on the design for their stamp.

Keep up the good work SB. Snappy is already gearing up for 2012 SoCal meet. You gotta show up at this one!!

More protos were made today in different plastics and plastic softness/ gummy/ grippiness. Still fine tweeking it and the logo's are sweet. Legacy discs did have banners and merchandise up at last weeks Summertime Open in Sylmar and as far as the logo for the discs, I do believe they have a few, but of course the first runs will have different stamps then the following runs. I am really hoping to see these out by the am worlds and pro worlds. I will post some of the merchandise pics in the next few days. On a side note Steve and Bamba are in Innova's back yard and have a great relationship with Innova. This is just there dream and bring quality plastic that will be enjoyed and loved by others means alot to them. Especially since it was designed and tweeked by them. I expect to see multiple disc's released this year and should have some knowledge on what they will be later.

According to steve rico and todd mitchell,the owner of legacy,the rampage was just appoved but wont be allowed to be used at pro/am worlds because of the 30 day period needed after approval.

Few people described it to be stable like a pd2 and fast

Last edited:
Well, the Westside King is speed 14 and its rim thickness is 2.3cm. And a Wraith (2.1cm) and Archon (2.3cm) are both speed 11. So there apparenlty is more to speed ratings than rim width even though most discs do follow the pattern of greater rim width = greater speed.

I thought this too, but i found a star wraith the other day and the flight number stamp said speed 12... not sure what the deal is, i don't throw wraiths and had no desire to research it

Looking forward to the new design, new I should have some some cash just bought 2 Discmania's today at Sylmar.

I will update this in the next few days and I will be selling soe aswell. I will answer all questions and give as much detail as possible. If you want some of these let me know and I will pick soe up as soon as I get the go ahead from steve or bamba rico.

more new stuff coming from socal soon

Hey guys,todd mitchell is a very good friend of bamba and steve, and a business partner... so any info you glean from him about Legacy should be pretty reliable.

In addition to what Legacy will be doing with their line of discs, be on the lookout for a new basket coming out in a month or so from Arroyo Disc Sports out of Pasadena. They've been pretty secretive about things, but supposedly they've fixed everything about spitouts/your disc going through the basket & out the other side, and their design pulls discs that hit on the edge of the chains into the middle, for better grabbing ability of off-center putts. And their basket will be much lighter than other comparable championship caliber baskets, like the discatcher, chainstar, or mach.

I do know that the owners have let steve and bamba test the basket, and they said it would be "game changing." There isn't too much info on their website about it (www.arroyodiscsports.com) but there are supposed to be some early media released in the next week or so, so watch the site. I'll start a new thread and keep y'all posted as I know more.

To my knowledge, it doesn't reward bad putts, it rewards you for hitting chains/the target area. And it'll help those longer, more powerful jump putts to stay in the basket and not punch through. Ideally increasing the level of competition.

And I also don't think it'll grab anything with less than 50% of the disc contacting chains. It can't be like a hand of god or anything... that wouldn't be fair or fun.

Logan, I think this is the most I have ever seen you on here. I talk to Steve, Bamba, or Todd all the time and they keep me well informed on Legacy discs. The mold is approved, now its just about making sure you get the best plastic for your buck and getting the right blends of color and plastic for this super sonic disc. As I type Steve is letting this disc rip and approving what plastic type and blend will be released into the Pro worlds player packages and future disc sales. I will add more info shortly and pictures aswell. Just think about it. Bamba, Todd Mitchell, and Steve rico have tested multiple plastics from numerous companies and blends from each. There is probably a dozen proto types out there, but the first release is coming and will be for sale on here. Future molds will also be released this year and info on those are forth coming.

And I also don't think it'll grab anything with less than 50% of the disc contacting chains. It can't be like a hand of god or anything... that wouldn't be fair or fun.