• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

are stock stamps being printed yet?
also, I'd love to get a translucent rampage as long as its not too heavy (<175 plz)

the production run is being made, just waiting on the stamp to finish and hopefully they will be ready next week.

Alright J., I went to my local DG store yesterday and groped a max weight Rampage for at least a few minutes. If it was a woman I would be in jail for the abuse.
I'm good with the grip, I think this could be a really nice FH dsc for me, but I'm not goin' for the heavy weight, it just makes my fingernail turn black when I try to throw it.

I like the plastic, it's like a Champy/Star blend, nice and grippy and opaque. :clap:
I'm curious now as to what the new polymer is that Rico is considering using ?

So, which is the most stable color ? The red ? I still need a couple 165, reds.
Hey, I'm not a teenager, I'm gettin' old up here, dust, cobwebs, all that stuff, gonna be strokin' out and playin' only in circles soon, where's the light discs ????

I have been throwing this damn disc as my primary driver for a while and it doesn't have a scratch on it. How is it still pristine? What kind of unholy plastic is in this?

this is a great disc - i saw in an other post they have their 3rd disc coming out... what was the 2nd? (assuming Rampage was the 1st..)

img201109021430491.jpg

Regular run out.

Here is a few colors, I love the watermelon look.

Attachments

• P1020173.jpg
    P1020173.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 77
  • P1020165.jpg
    P1020165.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 65
  • P1020167.JPG
    P1020167.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 66
I watched a few open players throw them who all throw 400+ft and they were only getting it out in the 350 range. The disc just had no glide like they were throwing gators. It was fast and flew like a destroyer but with less distance. They all said they would just stick with ther destroyers. I threw it twice and didnt like it right away. The rim feels even larger than a nuke and the edge was too sharp like I was gripping a knife in the palm of my hand.

I watched a few open players throw them who all throw 400+ft and they were only getting it out in the 350 range. The disc just had no glide like they were throwing gators. It was fast and flew like a destroyer but with less distance. They all said they would just stick with ther destroyers. I threw it twice and didnt like it right away. The rim feels even larger than a nuke and the edge was too sharp like I was gripping a knife in the palm of my hand.

I find this strange. I can't throw destroyers very far. So I don't throw them and stick to Spd 10 Crushes. The Rampage for me went super far, was quite easy to throw for being so fast. I also thought it had decent glide.

The Rampage definitely added distance to my drive.

so i got to throw a blue max weight one today. definitely a pro caliber disc and not for the majority of Ams. Its FAST and STABLE!!!!!! my buddy has a big crank (he commonly deuces a 520' hole at our home course). for him it flew way straighter with healthy fade. i couldnt even get it to hold flat for more than 30-40% of its flight. my typical golf max distance is 360-380' and open field i can get out to 400', using destroyers and vulcans. the plastic looks very gold lone ish but doesnt have that slick feel. im able to keep champ bosses and quasars flat for the majority of their flights but the still hyzer out hard on me.

i would definitely say if you have a big arm you would like these as they go far. if your more of a medium power like me then i wouldnt suggest it.

I got a blue one too and was having trouble getting it very straight at all. At John's suggestion I tried a Lime one and it is a good deal less overstable. I've been using it for pretty much any hole I could unleash it on. If the blue one is too much, try the Lime, you may have a little better luck.

Thanks again John for getting these things in our grubby hands before they came out!

I picked up two today, and as far as distance goes all I can say is wow. They boom; easily the fastest disc I've ever thrown. My one knock against them is that I got a blue and a red one, and the red one is significantly less stable. While inconsistency is always a downer, they both fly great, and I would highly recommend getting one if you got a big arm and want more distance.

what would be awesome is if the inconsistency is in which color you get. and then each color has a consistent flight. that would be sweet and very acceptable.
"i got a blue one and its too overstable"
"then try a lime one"
"this one is a lil more flippy than i wanted"
"ok try a red one"
"perfect! thanks!"
happy customer....unless color matters.

I got a 170 lime and it is right in my wheelhouse.

My purple first run is still too much disc for me tho.

Latest posts