• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

I may need to be checked in to rehab for a Rival addiction:

null_zpsbea32e33.jpg

edit: I have 4 more on the way. 2 more 1st runs and 2 legends :D

That's my avatar on your computer.....am I famous?

Wow...got my Legend Rivals today. They feel amazing. Haven't had a chance to throw them yet. Got a 174 and a 164 I believe. Wish they were more readily available and in some different colors.

I've had an icon rival sitting on my shelf for months because I wasn't sure if I was going to throw it, or trade it. I pretty much made that decision this past weekend when I tossed my nicely seasoned star teebird into the drink.

I'm going to start testing it out this week. By the sounds of things, the rival is basically a teebird clone. What should I expect? How many people converted from the bird to the rival?

I've had an icon rival sitting on my shelf for months because I wasn't sure if I was going to throw it, or trade it. I pretty much made that decision this past weekend when I tossed my nicely seasoned star teebird into the drink.

I'm going to start testing it out this week. By the sounds of things, the rival is basically a teebird clone. What should I expect? How many people converted from the bird to the rival?

The Pinnacle Rival that I had was kind of disappointing, because I had always heard they are Teebird clones. They aren't. They have less HSS than a Teebird, and the rim is deeper and not as comfortable. I found the flight path to be more Eagle X than Teebird...

That said, a lot of folks dig on the Rival. It just wasn't what I was looking for, I'll stick with my 11x CAL and KC Pros...

I've always felt it was more eagle like, and def not as beefy as my 11x kc pro teebird. I still love the mold though :)

I have a Stalker at home,but since I use to throw Teebirds I was curious about getting a Rival.

Don't really want to go the Teebird route so the Rival sounds like a good choice.

I like my Stalker,but I don't think it is Stable enough to go between my Trident and River.

Is the Rival a good choice and if so which plastic is the best? I'm a little new to Legacy so I'm not sure about the plastics.

I have a Stalker at home,but since I use to throw Teebirds I was curious about getting a Rival.

Don't really want to go the Teebird route so the Rival sounds like a good choice.

I like my Stalker,but I don't think it is Stable enough to go between my Trident and River.

Is the Rival a good choice and if so which plastic is the best? I'm a little new to Legacy so I'm not sure about the plastics.

Rivals are more like Eagle-X's. Some of the heavier Pinnacle Rivals will be close to a TeeBird though. I loved the flight of the Rivals, but hated the plastic which is a bit too stiff for my liking. However, the new Pinnacle Patriots are supposedly less stiff. Stalkers are shorter than the Rival by a little bit. Stalkers in my opinion were longer Buzzes.

The Icon Rivals were in my opinion beefy Eagles. The plastic was less stiff and better feeling then the Pinnacle I had. I still felt it was too stiff for my liking throwing them in the cold Michigan winters.

I even tried a Legend line which is like Legacy's Gold Line, and that was much better feeling and a more TL like flight which I really liked , but the green color was not so good. I would keep an eye out because Legacy is releasing the Legend line in brighter colors soon. They will be great sellers.

Last edited:
jeez, i really want to bring these things back into the lineup. will have to start field throwing them again now that my form has improved and gotten me some better distance. i brought my pinnacle to the course with me yesterday and had some fun on #17, 400 feet and wide open. got a great rip with it, 3 feet from the basket on a rope. no turn, just a tiiiiiny fade. ridiculously fun to watch.

to the football field!

This has become my workhorse. Played a course last week were I used it to tee off on virtually every hole. Flight path is so predictable: straight with a little fade. It will def hold a great hyzer line as well. Can't say enough about this pinnacle plastic. Everybody talks about it being stiff, but I love it. It's very durable and grippy enough for me.

These beauties arrived today. Two Icon Rivals, 174, can't wait to get out and throw them. My Rival collection is growing lol.

null_zps5caa94c5.jpg

Threw a first run icon today, 173g. Just straight, straight, straight and a forward fade. Amazing flight to it, felt completely controlled. I liked it much more than pinnacles out of the box.

I've never thrown an eagle and I threw a teebird when I was starting out and had bad form so i really can't compare, but this was just on a rope and then gently faded out. Loved it.

i snagged two rivals today; FR icon and a super flat high PLH pinnacle, like the one i used to throw and whine it was too beefy.

perfect combo. the super flat pinnacle can handle some headwind, icon is basically straight and doesn't mind some wind either.

i've seen all sorts of ugly pinnacle rivals with huge shoulders and some dome to them; i would hate to throw one of those things. i don't see the comparison to the eagle because i bought two eagles today and they were certainly far more OS. perhaps the pinnacle rivals with shoulders/domes have some high speed turn? i dunno. i do know that the icon is a great fairway driver despite being faster than speed 7. sometimes i like a straight shot, sometimes i like to hyzerflip. the patriot/rival combo is perfect.

i do see how they could overlap with the QOLF, though. the rivals go almost as far but they feel a bit more controlled. i really wanted a true speed 7 in the bag but these work just fine, i think. i like the fr icon more than the pinnacle rival for the woods around here, i think they fly very similar to how my flat "wings" gummy rivals flew, just straight with a bit of fade.

I'd rather throw my QOLF if its a spike hyzer, a big headwind, or over 350' as they go 5-10% further than Rivals for me. I have a few legend rivals that have a decent dome that handle big wind just fine, comparable to brinster teebirds. Don't be afraid of the rival dome, it not only adds stability it also adds gllide. However, I prefer the flatter QOLF for my sidearm and feel its beef fits fine between my firebird and rivals for big wind or tourney days when you never know what you're gonna get.

Latest posts