• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

Bruh, try not to post on every active thread when the thoughts aren't making themselves into sentences.

No I see exactly where The Sentences can go. I just posted too soon and should have fixed that before, they are obvious spots if I add a word after the spot the period can go to make a new sentence.

If you add a new word after where the period should go it's not a new sentence. Try putting the words in the correct order too.

Riddle me this...
Two new, embossed, star Leopards.
One has old tooling, the other new tooling.
I'm assuming one is NOS. However, i thought Leopards flew out of the factory.
Did i get lucky? It is the buttery star.

I'd go with NOS (new old stock for those unaware). I'd also say you got lucky!

Trouble

Hey all,
I throw an Innova Leopard with a -2 turn and I can't get it to turn right. I throw a RHBH the speed is a 7. Could I be overthrowing? My NUKE SS goes super straight for 300+ but I can't get my Leopard to turn, only fade, and it's hurting my game. Any input is appreciated

Last edited:
Hey all,
I throw an Innova Leopard with a -2 turn and I can't get it to turn right. I throw a RHBH the speed is a 7. Could I be overthrowing? My NUKE SS goes super straight for 300+ but I can't get my Leopard to turn, only fade, and it's hurting my game. Any input is appreciated

Star or Champion? I would guess yes. Try a GStar, Pro or DX. Or forget the Leopard. The Star and Champs are notoriously stable. That is unless you throw 450+.

Hey all,

You're not overthrowing it if it's not turning. If you were overpowering it, it wouldn't fade, only turn, and it would be going farther than 300'. I'm guessing most likely a form issue.

Hey all,

What plastic of Leo and has it had much tree experience?

For your throw, are taking about a dead flat release line drive? Leo's (turning fairway drivers) can expose some disc nose and wrist release angle inefficiency moreso than others. On the Nuke SS, at 300+ straight flight are your flat releasing or flipping to flat ?

Not a big thrower, but I find the pro way understable, like -4 0.5 Star if heavy takes a little bit of break in, then is pretty accurate with the -2, 1. When the get old, for me they are like -2.5 0. I have a champ to, it started out like -2 2. After a bit gets pretty close to -2 1. I have never seen a champ get to much less than -2 1

I have a freshish 170g Star Leopard that also has essentially no turn. I think it will beat in to a very sweet spot in a matter of time.

I think all Innova premium plastic just starts out pretty overstable. Going through the same thing with a Star Barsby Roadrunner, and I have a Star Eagle that is a complete meathook.

I have a freshish 170g Star Leopard that also has essentially no turn. I think it will beat in to a very sweet spot in a matter of time.

I think all Innova premium plastic just starts out pretty overstable. Going through the same thing with a Star Barsby Roadrunner, and I have a Star Eagle that is a complete meathook.

My barsby roadrunner took two full seasons of abuse to become what I would consider -4 turn. I used to bag a 159 star leo that flipped up pretty nice but it was probably the lightweight making it flippy out of the box. I have a pretty dang old champ leo that's super stable still

I got a 171 Star Leopard earlier this year and it was as described fresh out of the box. Basically it didn't turn but held whatever line I threw it on. After about 3 months of playing twice weekly and throwing it maybe 4-5x per round, it's getting to what I would consider the beginning of its sweet spot. Controllable turn.

Not a big thrower, but I find the pro way understable, like -4 0.5 Star if heavy takes a little bit of break in, then is pretty accurate with the -2, 1. When the get old, for me they are like -2.5 0. I have a champ to, it started out like -2 2. After a bit gets pretty close to -2 1. I have never seen a champ get to much less than -2 1

Just to confirm, the Pro plastic Leo is the most under stable out of the box? Thx.

I need some coaching with a DX Leopard. It's older, pre flight numbers, and I bought it lightly used. Is this a touchy mold with a narrow sweet spot? It turns hard, quickly after release, slows the turn later in flight, then dumps very hard in fade. It's actually the hard fade that bugs me, because it forces me to throw it on less of a hyzer with a result of turning over into the ground. Local course has low ceiling on most holes where I'd pull out the Leopard. It seems like it needs lots of height to do it's thing.

I need some coaching with a DX Leopard. It's older, pre flight numbers, and I bought it lightly used. Is this a touchy mold with a narrow sweet spot? It turns hard, quickly after release, slows the turn later in flight, then dumps very hard in fade. It's actually the hard fade that bugs me, because it forces me to throw it on less of a hyzer with a result of turning over into the ground. Local course has low ceiling on most holes where I'd pull out the Leopard. It seems like it needs lots of height to do it's thing.

You described what sounds like a typical freshish DX Leopard. Get a fresh Pro with some dome. Those are the best except for seasoned Champs with some dome.

I wouldn't call it a touchy mold.

dx like all plastics can have variety disc to disc. If this old one has been sitting around somewhere it might be a little warped.

Weight of disc is often a factor.

Skill level often a factor.

Nose up is almost always a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acc6525a7d7bbb6613f4606576028b25.jpg

My current stash. The 2 Pros are grippy and domes. Great for powered down throwing.

The green g star is nice for throwing low and turning quickly. The champ upper left is a Lep3. I don't throw those much and haven't found a permanent space in my bag. The DX are to give to newbs. The orange star has a stable finish.

I gave away my two beat in champs so I'll pick one up next time I see one in a used pile. I almost always pick up cheap Leo's just to give away to peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been enjoying having a Champ Leopard in the bag for a couple months now. I purchased a matching pair at the local DG store from a new run that felt great. Used one enough to get it to hold angles a bit longer and its one of the most stable discs I've found. It shows a bit more turn and fade than the QJLS but also holds up to a bit more torque and wind. I'm hoping it turns into a turnover disc but the current stable 375 feet I'm getting with a '6 speed' is already crazy fun for me.

I don't know what causes me to attempt a switch from a working combo of JLS and Teebird/3 but I've picked up TL/3s, Leopards, and Eagles over the last year :doh:

Older post but-

The poster below you said essentially the right thing. I would bet money the DX Leo is or was pretty flat. You really want dome especially with understable stuff. You can get away with flat Champion/Star Teebirds that are stable enough to not turn. Even Midranges like a Buzzz.

But the understable side and high speed side of discs you really want some dome. Even large dome is good, though you might not like the hand feel as much and will sacrifice a bit of speed for glide.

I don't want any understable disc or high speed bombers to not have some dome. The disc will suck, it will turn too fast and be touchy/ even very touchy. I need the reliability of a slower turn/turn less and more control.

Last edited:
Older post but-

The poster below you said essentially the right thing. I would bet money the DX Leo is or was pretty flat. You really want dome especially with understable stuff. You can get away with flat Champion/Star Teebirds that are stable enough to not turn. Even Midranges like a Buzzz.

But the understable side and high speed side of discs you really want some dome. Even large dome is good, though you might not like the hand feel as much and will sacrifice a bit of speed for glide.

I don't want any understable disc or high speed bombers to not have some dome. The disc will suck, it will turn too fast and be touchy/ even very touchy. I need the reliability of a slower turn/turn less and more control.

Grabbed a champ leo3 and it's doing the trick well!

Latest posts