• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LHBH Driver

FiveV

What is a good tee and fairway driver for a left handed player? Someone who does not have a huge amount of power, but is very accurate.

Thanks.

I throw LHFH but I really love my Latitude 64 core. Yeah yeah it is a midrange...it is straight and flys pretty far. I just got a shockwave today and it is almost identical so pick your poison.

Beyond that I threw a Gazelle every day for years. I still like it but I use it where I need its fade as it does fade pretty hard.

My DX Gazelle is a 150 class and I can throw it nearly as far backhand as I can forehand.

Addressing this question again, it's about physics:

A disc is a disc. A throw is a throw. The science of the situation doesn't care if you are right- or left- handed. The disc performs without that knowledge - it just flies as it will given the circumstances with which it was thrown. If I were ambidextrous and threw the same way from both arms, the discs would do the exact opposite thrown from opposite arms. There is no such thing as a RHBH "great disc" as opposed to a LHBH "great disc."

If someone really likes the attributes of a Wraith (I don't - that's why I'm using it as an example) - it works based on how it is thrown. A RHBH thrower releases the disc in a clockwise rotation, and based on the strength and rotation of the throw, it behaves in a certain way. If you throw the disc LHBH, with the same strength and rotation, it will behave THE SAME WAY, but in mirror image.

Discs don't favor RH or LH players, they only succumb to the forces generated upon them. It's your job to pick the disc that does this the best for you in the situation you're in. That's the game.

dammmm niggaaa what he said , but the best disc in the world are the buzz teebird/ tl sick sick sick

What is a good tee and fairway driver for a left handed player? Someone who does not have a huge amount of power, but is very accurate.

Thanks.

i throw LHBH and i fell in love with the cheetah starting out. obviously that will fade to the right, if you want a fade to the left buy a stingray. it is a multipurpose disc that looks more like a driver than a mid.

Thanks.

There are a couple of schools of thought, but to address the "best" disc for yourself, FiveV....you personally would need to know what your power level is. In other words, what discs are you throwing now, what speed are those discs and how do those discs perform for you. Thats assuming you are making a flat pull and release(hit). If you aren't throwing with a consistant form, then it will be hard for you to recognise the subtle or not so subtle differences in discs.

Medium speed discs in the 7-9 range are a good place to start your learning curve.

Thanks.

Have you been watching me throw???

I love the star Valkerie 169-170 grams, Pretty straight flyer, goes where I want it. And I prefer the color pink, you might get ribbed by throwing a pink disc, but they're easy to find and when you get in a rhytm you could sing that AC/DC song "sink the pink" :cool:

And since more of the Disc Golf holes favor a RHBH player you'll need a good turn over disc and I like the sidewinder 169-170 grams, good for those slight turn over shots. Still a sweet glide to it, and it slighty turns over. Lately I've been loving a "150 class" sidewinder. It flies longer than a heavier disc and turns over more, just isn't good into a headwind.

I also recommend a 86 softie putter, this putter turns over just purrrfectly for a short turnover putt. I like the 172-173 gram softie. :D

My brother is a LHBH thrower, and his Long Range Driver is a Champ Beast, and he uses a Stratus as a fairway driver

Geoffro is pretty much my favorite animal right now. Well said, brotha, you do Wisconsin proud.

Addressing this question again, it's about physics:

A disc is a disc. A throw is a throw. The science of the situation doesn't care if you are right- or left- handed. The disc performs without that knowledge - it just flies as it will given the circumstances with which it was thrown. If I were ambidextrous and threw the same way from both arms, the discs would do the exact opposite thrown from opposite arms. There is no such thing as a RHBH "great disc" as opposed to a LHBH "great disc."

If someone really likes the attributes of a Wraith (I don't - that's why I'm using it as an example) - it works based on how it is thrown. A RHBH thrower releases the disc in a clockwise rotation, and based on the strength and rotation of the throw, it behaves in a certain way. If you throw the disc LHBH, with the same strength and rotation, it will behave THE SAME WAY, but in mirror image.

Discs don't favor RH or LH players, they only succumb to the forces generated upon them. It's your job to pick the disc that does this the best for you in the situation you're in. That's the game.

Can we get this mounted on a wall or something?

Thank you.

Latest posts