• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lingo

Rastaman

Birdie Member
I read tons of forums and sometimes get confused as all get out because of certain dg terms. Can I get a little help, I'd appreciate it. I throw right handed if that will help you describe anything.
Flex shot? Turnover? Troll? Flippy disc? Hyzer flip? And any tips on how to chuck a roller.

Flippy disc isn't on his list, but a flippy disc just means it is so understable that it will flip up and over when thrown with a hyzer.

A troll is a forum term that has taken the world by storm over the past few years. If someone is a troll then they lurk around forums looking for people to insult/argue with/upset.

As far as roller tips or any other tips for throwing discs you should check out youtube, plenty of videos on there.

The easiest way to throw a roller is to start with your most understable (flippy) disc and throw it with an extreme amount of Anhyzer. The goal is to land it on its side between the 10 or 11 o'clock. As a general rule, the disc will eventually turn in the direction of the top of the disc. Throwing them is easy. Controlling them requires practice.

Last edited:
The thing that really gets under my skin is when somebody refers to a disc "hyzering out". What they're actually referring to is fade or low-speed fade. Hyzer is an angle of release, not a flight path.

Rasta...RHBH. really? you gotta ask....

1. flex.....thats what a lefty throws on a 175' sharp left to right turning fairway. Easy deuce...unless you throw RHBH

2.Turnover....thats a breakfast treat thats best enjoyed by turning it over with your left hand.

3.Troll.... to fish for bottom feeders or generally inacessable catches by dubious methods.... ( see rollers)

4. Flippy disc.....this is generally your favorite disc to throw.....but it's flippy. Lets think about this... it is your favorite disc, but is kinda flippy 6 of 10 throws and seriously flippy 3 of 10 throws. What is par?

5.Hyzr flip= starts this way /, flips this way --- and then turns >>>>this way. Start by throwing putters very hard....expand to mid ranges then...unleash a Beast or Wraith. Now you own the hyzr flip.

6. Chuck a roller. Perfect....thats what you wanna do. "Chuck a roller."

And Please don't throw tie die discs as rollers.....I'm just saying what your playing partners are thinking.....don't throw a tie die as a roller.