• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Little Mulberry Park - Dacula, GA

heartman

* Ace Member *
Gwinnett County is getting their 3rd course with plans to be open in Spring 2013. (This info has been pretty much know to GA discers since August or so)

Teesigns and some pics of the land on facebook. The teesigns look very, very nice.

Little Mulberry should be a nice departure from the mostly wide open Alexander and entirely wide open Lenora. If the teesigns are accurate, the course kinda reminds me of a Charlotte-style woods course.

Looking forward to playing it sometime next year! ... hopefully :)

Update from the ADGO forums:

Hey guys, here's an update on the course:

We have approval on all of the 35 tee pads that we poured! That approval was huge... This week we finished installation of the 42 basket sleeves. Every hole has at least an A and B location. Four holes have A, B and C locations.

* Holes 2, 8 and 9 will have two (A and B) par 4 locations.
* Hole 10 will have one par 4 location and two par 5 locations.
* Hole 15 will have one par 3 location and one par 4 location.
* All of the remaining holes will be par 3's, making the course a par 60 with everything long, and a par 58 with everything short.

We have gone through the course about 6 times cutting stumps flush to the ground. We may never find all of them, but we got most of 'em. We have taken special consideration to clear out limbs that were encroaching into intended fairway lanes. If it meant standing inside of the bobcat bucket fully extended, with an extension on our pole saw, then that's what we did. We have opened up some very high ceilings to allow for some creative shots. There is no shortage of options on most of the tee shots. Hole 17 has about 6 different fairway options off the tee, none of them great... Special consideration was given to existing drainages and we have shaped the earth around the tee pads to avoid any future issues with erosion, which usually leads to cracking.

I can't wait until the general contractor starts to build the small plaza area for the #1 tee area. I have never seen anything like this at a course, and I hope you guys think it is not only cool looking, but functional when sitting there, waiting for someone or running doubles.

The contractor is taking longer than expected with the rest of the project with such a wet Summer (parking lot, restroom building, playground, pavilion). We are now looking at a Spring 2014 opening for the park and DG course. I know this is longer than they originally thought, but please be patient with them and PLEASE do not go out there and try to check out the course. The contractor has already found some people doing this and they have expressed their concern over liability to me. Be patient, it will be open in a few months.

I will get some final hole lengths and course length in the next week or two.

Thanks for the update. From what I've seen just from the tee signs, this course is going to be incredible. Especially since its in my backyard.

Man best news I have heard all day! What will be the address of this course? Curious how far it will be from my house.

Well, the course grand opening is on Tuesday, July 15, and I am pretty stoked. I think a lot of other Georgians are, too! The one round tournament for Tuesday afternoon after the ribbon cutting sold out pretty fast. Of course, the course will probably kick my intermediate butt, but it looks like they spent some time (and taxpayer money) to come up with a challenging course for the East side of Atlanta.

The course is AWESOME!! Played in the kickoff X Tier tourney and we sold out with 90 players! Played 5somes which is what it is and ultimately wasn't horrible. The tee area at hole 1 is top notch and a really cool and unique feature. The course is groomed beautifully and has some very awesome holes. Quite a bit of elevation changes, technical lines, and one all out bomber hole. Cant wait to get more and more reps out there. Great job to the GDGO and all others that helped with this project. Ryan Harris and his guys did an absolutely amazing job building this course. We played the 'easiest' layout in the tourney and I am really excited to see it in the hardest layout. Hot round at the tournament and official course record is 51, shot by Matt Dollar. He did however go back out there yesterday and shot an unofficial 47!! Which is down right amazing, dude can chuck discs for real. Meanwhile I was semi okay with the 58 I shot in the tourney.

Anyway, if you ever have the opportunity to play this course, I highly recommend it!

gacraig and myself may try to play on Sunday, July 27.
Was kinda waiting on some initial reviews, and so far I've heard some good things!

They are doing their 'test run' of doubles action Saturday at 3pm. 2:30 signup, 2:55 draw partners, 3pm tee off.

anything specific you were wondering that I could maybe shed some light on?

Played with KatanaFrenzy yesterday. Felt like the most fun I've had playing a course in the past couple months, and had me seriously considering if I'd rather drive the hour to play LMP than the 3 minutes down the road to Sandy Creek later this week.

Played with KatanaFrenzy yesterday. Felt like the most fun I've had playing a course in the past couple months, and had me seriously considering if I'd rather drive the hour to play LMP than the 3 minutes down the road to Sandy Creek later this week.

THIS!!! Lol... I drove just over an hour yesterday to play LMP again, when I could've driven 15-20 min to 5 other courses. It really is a fun and challenging course.

Yea the redneck guy is a joke, and the validity of the course has been largely debated on our local facebook pages. Most love it and a few seem to think its 'unfair'

I need to make a trip up and see this course, may try to hit it up next Monday August 4th.I am worried though as when ERP went in I didn't believe it was a fair or fun course, and I have heard it compared to that. Anyone around that wants to play?

I need to make a trip up and see this course, may try to hit it up next Monday August 4th.I am worried though as when ERP went in I didn't believe it was a fair or fun course, and I have heard it compared to that. Anyone around that wants to play?

Might be able to swing it :thmbup:

Better than ERP as if nothing else it takes up more land even where the holes are close to each other. Have played it twice but not since the grass went in - so it will look different from that aspect to wooded courses also.
It's a good course.

The grass looks AMAZING, unlike any other wooded course ive seen. To the ERP comparison....ERP is my least favorite local course, and its 20 min from my house. LMP is now probably my favorite local course and its over an hour from me. So if you don't like ERP, don't be concerned with this course as it is much better, IMO