• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Live interview with Pro Disc Golfer Paul Mcbeth-Oct. 21st

-Will he be making it to Arkansas anytime soon?!

-Anymore signature discs? Or perhaps the Thunderbird??

-Do you foresee seasoned Thunderbirds replacing Teebirds in you bag?

Last edited:
What should be done about player conduct during tournaments (example: Nikko's chair destruction) and how did chairgate affect mental game during USDGC? (mental game after it happened)

When did he start playing disc golf, what age was he then, and how long did it take him to become interested in tournament golf?

His innova profile may "answer" some of these, but I've found that information to be off base at times, as there seems to be variances on what people mean by "started", I.e. chucking discs to casual play to tournaments, so I'd love to hear it straight from him.

If you were to enter a tournament that only allowed you to carry three discs in total, what would those three be?

Who would be on your "dream card" for a tournament?

Any chance for some purple 3x S-line P2's?

Have you ever help design a course? If so, where?

Any plans to make the 2015 Minnesota Majestic?

Thanks!

Javan

When did he start playing disc golf, what age was he then, and how long did it take him to become interested in tournament golf?

His innova profile may "answer" some of these, but I've found that information to be off base at times, as there seems to be variances on what people mean by "started", I.e. chucking discs to casual play to tournaments, so I'd love to hear it straight from him.

He posted in a thread a while ago (about becoming 1000 rated or something) that he started playing disc around the age of 14 and it took him around 4 years to become 1000 rated. If that's the case I'd assume he started playing tournaments soon after starting.

I'd ask him about his preparation and routines. He caught some flak for that Facebook post a while ago, but his success shows he's one the hardest working pros. How much time does he set aside for practice alone? What does he feel is the most important thing to practice? How does he prepare for a course before a tournament? How much work just goes into the mental aspect of preparing a plan and sticking to it?

Did he miss having the PD in his bag at times at the USDGC?

This.

Also, how did he feel about the Thunderbird in the wind at USDGC, and how much time had he spent throwing it before adding it to the bag?

He came out in full Beast mode at the start of the USDGC. It seemed like he came back to "normal" (non-Beast mode) golf after that first round. Did he have that strategy from the start, or did the course just get the better of him?

Last edited:
For what reasons would the forehand line be more attractive than backhand? How much better does the forehand line have to be to use it?

Going into the Oklahoma Open this weekend, how much does he prepare for this A-Tier? With past OO winners like AJ, Schultz, McCabe, Nikko, Cam Todd, and Feldberg (just to name a few) would he be more motivated to win knowing that no one has ever won it twice?

Do you think #17 at Winthrop needs to be changed a little to entice players to go for a duece instead of bailing out to the right. Also, possibly think about changing the hole or trim the trees at the tee pad to prevent a huge score with 1 hole to go in one of the biggest tournaments in dg.

I'd be curious to see if he had any advice for playing in inclement weather conditions. I know he did well in the pouring rain during the Brent Hambrick Memorial. What pro tips could he give us to perform well when course conditions are less than optimal?

Paul, are you going to be at the Veterans Park Open on November 1 & 2 in TX? I saw that you were signed up but things can change... :popcorn:

Chaser,

First off, thanks for lining this stuff up and getting it out for people to listen live and interact with you and the guests. Last week with Johne and family was a cool show.

Now my question for you Chainchaser:

How do you go back and listen to the broadcasts? All the ones on the Talkshoe page are ancient and you cant click on them or do anything with them. Do I have to join and log in to be privy to the content?

OR is the content off site and somewhere else?

Thanks again and good luck with Paul's broadcast tonight!