• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a well built quality smaller bag.

Crunch box is a lot nicer bag than the two in the pic.
However, I am sure there are even nicer bags available.
But you will need to pay much more $.

I might add, we also have a double nutsac in my household.
And still say I prefer my crunch box

Fade Lite for ~$15

10 discs easily (up to 12)
putter
mini
one bottle of water
zipped compartment big enough for keys, wallet, phone

has lasted longer than my $35 bag which only held 10 discs (granted, with dividers)

Revo mini deluxe gets my vote. I've used mine for over 5 years and love it.

8-10 discs? Simple, 2.0 single Nutsac. 9 discs, and if you carry the putter, that's 10 total. They're pretty much indestructible and hold the discs in the bag really well. However, there is no storage whatsoever, so if that's a big downside, then it may not be the bag for you. However, if it's only for quick jaunts to the course, how much storage do you really need?

Either the revo mini, the fade crunchbox, or one of the gorilla boy bags are all excellent choices. Nutsac if you don't want to carry ANYTHING other then discs. Although I haven't seen one in person Upper Park Design's Focus seems like an awesome design, and their other bags rock.

Gorilla boy is probably the best quality bag you can get. However, with the wait time due to the individual handmade manufacturing process you'll end up having to buy another bag just to get you through the wait time. For some people this is acceptable, for some people it isn't.

And also, as previously mentioned, that discraft bag looks stupid because the discs are in it the wrong way.

Another vote for the Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey. I think they are the best small bag a available today. I love mine. I also have a Juju, they are great too but good luck finding one. I don't think they have made any new Jujus since 2013.

Either the revo mini, the fade crunchbox, or one of the gorilla boy bags are all excellent choices. Nutsac if you don't want to carry ANYTHING other then discs. Although I haven't seen one in person Upper Park Design's Focus seems like an awesome design, and their other bags rock.

Gorilla boy is probably the best quality bag you can get. However, with the wait time due to the individual handmade manufacturing process you'll end up having to buy another bag just to get you through the wait time. For some people this is acceptable, for some people it isn't.

And also, as previously mentioned, that discraft bag looks stupid because the discs are in it the wrong way.

First and foremost, thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

I put the discs in that way because the "correct way" pinches the discs. The opening with the metal bars attached isn't big enough. I'm just not a big fan of tacoing my discs to get them in and out, that makes my discs look stupid. Either way, with just 8-10 ish the discs naturally shift around the way I arranged them in the pic. So yes, if I use that bag it's tyypically use "incorrectly". My Discraft purse is simply made with too much storage capasity for what I want, that's why I'm looking for something else.

I think I forgot to mention that before upgrading to a backpack I used a fade crunch. I am fully aware of its awesomeness. It's an allstar for it's price point.

I have a question for the spider monkey fellows. Does the pvc piping make the bag more top heavy than without? If I have a fully loaded bag do I still need the pipes to force it open?

Attachments

• imagejpg1_zpsdb0094cd.jpg
    imagejpg1_zpsdb0094cd.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 48
Innova still makes the Standard Bag. It is one of the nicer small bags available.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/disc-bags/standard.html

This is my pick. Great bag, carries just enough discs and extras for my rounds.

I have had mine for a while and looks almost new. I even put Innova back pack straps on it too.

Shoulder straps suck, they make you walk crooked and unbalanced to try to keep the strap on your shoulder. Just carrying it with the single strap was making my opposite side hip hurt during and after the rounds.

I'm kind of surprised by the Revo Mini Deluxe acclaim. I got one to try and the layout with available storage for this size bag is unparalleled, the materials felt cheap and flimsy to me. The single strap on the bottle holders is beyond weak and extremely ridiculous for the cost of the bag. $125 shipped and you can't put a bottom on the bottle holders? LAAAAME! Cheap material straps for quad hookups too.

I guess I'm bummed because I love the layout but the concerns mentioned above were deal-breakers for me. Even if those issues were remedied the bag should not retail for more than $85.

Just my opinion, no intent to offend

I'm kind of surprised by the Revo Mini Deluxe acclaim. I got one to try and the layout with available storage for this size bag is unparalleled, the materials felt cheap and flimsy to me. The single strap on the bottle holders is beyond weak and extremely ridiculous for the cost of the bag. $125 shipped and you can't put a bottom on the bottle holders? LAAAAME! Cheap material straps for quad hookups too.

I guess I'm bummed because I love the layout but the concerns mentioned above were deal-breakers for me. Even if those issues were remedied the bag should not retail for more than $85.

Just my opinion, no intent to offend

Thanks, this is good dope IMO. Especially since I really need a smaller bag too ;)

Thanks OP for starting this thread too.. it's gotten me off of my duff.

10 discs easily (up to 12)
FADE LITE

putter
mini
one bottle of water
zipped compartment big enough for keys, wallet, phone

has lasted longer than my $35 bag which only held 10 discs (granted, with dividers)

This ^^. If you are looking for a bag similar in size to the Innova pictured on the right the Fade Lite is tough to beat for the money. If you want to carry a few more disc or more stuff, (wind breaker, towel, etc.) then I would suggest the Fade Crunch Box.

For that number of discs, I'd recommend you choose between the Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey or the NutSac 2.0 (from ShopTom.com for a great price).

The Spider Monkey is absolutely the perfect bag for that number of discs with a great, insulated drink pounch and a reasonable amount of storage. You'll just have to wait several months to get it.

The NutSac 2.0 is a great bag as well. With the upsized front pocket, it'll now hold a good amount of stuff (wallet, phone, keys, snacks) along with a larger drink holder which can fit most Camelbak-type bottles. If you want a bag NOW, I'd get the NutSac.

New bag

I visited a thrift store and found a bag suitable for what I wanted. It's a north face purse/satchel that I bought for 17 bucks & fits 7 discs (3 drivers, 1 mid, 3putters).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
After posting I noticed there was a something in one of the pockets and found a long cord inside. Eventually, I figured out that I can secure the bag around the waist + shoulder. Fanny pack bonus discovery!!! All joking aside, I can throw full power while wearing it without budging a single disc, which is pretty sweet. I probably won't use it, but it's not a bad option to have.

Fade Crunchbox. I wore out small innova and discraft and pdga bags in a 1-2 years each. My crunch box is now 4 years old and holding strong. Bonus, it's made in america.

That's funny because I wore out my fade crunch box in 2.5 seasons of use and I still have my Innova starter bag from 04 in somewhat decent shape.