• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for some criticisms and critiques of my rand hand backhand form please

BGrice

I have been playing disc golf for about 2 years consistently and can throw somewhere around 300 feet or so. I throw only standstill for now to work on the basic mechanics of the right hand back hand. I can get about 200-225 feet out of putters and close to 300 with midranges but when I throw drivers typically the distance is the same as or less than the midrange distance. Could you all please criticize and critique my form if you have a moment? Much appreciated!

YouTube link to the form video, it is about 20 seconds long and contains two throws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WCSVthdoQ

Sorry, title should say "right hand backhand" not "rand hand backhand" haha

I agree, you are trying to throw by rotating your body. You are spinning your body around your right leg (so to the left of the plant foot), rather than shifting "from behind" to set your weight up and have an axis around your spine. It will feel different, it's a concept change to how you transfer your weight.

Looking for some feedback on my form please

I received some very good suggestions and help on my form video that I posted to here about 6 months ago. I recently had my form again recorded and would like some more feedback please if you would be so kind. Some throws feel great and others just feel like something other worldy is inside of my body controlling with me levers and pullies (i.e. sometimes I throw and it just feels awful). I can throw maybe like 325-350 with some consistency but that is my threshold. Thank you very much for any input that you have.

Here is a link to the form video on youtube, thank you again for your help. It is much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY5bFCUxc3Q

Video from behind tee would show it better, but you are pushing off the rear foot to the left side of the tee instead of straight to your trajectory. This puts your balance behind your front heel(toward right tee side) instead of centered on front leg with dynamically stacked posture. It looks like you are trying to keep your head down instead of keeping your head upright. You should feel like the disc is coming through/swinging parallel in plane to your jaw line underneath the chin. You are looking/facing straight down at the disc with jaw almost perpendicular to the disc plane underneath your face.

Related to the leftward push you are also turning your left leg too backward in the x-step, which turns your stride too backward instead of striding more lateral/sideways and turning the front side back later into the stride to plant.

Also related hugging yourself too much and turning your shoulders open early, so you need to keep your upper arm wider away from your chest and swing the arm more with your body/shoulders turning/swinging the whole arm to whip the lower arm/disc. One arm hug the disc like you would hug another person.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/...&t=13291&sid=d4239be6f8de09adf07b055c23ca6d34

fpGByZx.png

Latest posts