• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to move, best state for disc golf?

Some other questions to ask:

Living in Oregon, I am obviously partial to saying you should move to Portland.

That being said, I do have a few questions that may be slightly off topic, but help out a lot:

What size of a company do you want to work for and do you enjoy traveling a lot? If yes to both, I might actually suggest a company that has multiple locations. That way, if you go on business trips, you can play in the area you move to, and still squeeze some time at courses in other parts of the country.

Some examples related to Portland and other parts of the country for you: Nike and Columbia have world headquarters in Beaverton (about 45 minutes from Portland), and they also have regional offices in NYC, Cali, distribution centers in Tennessee &/or Kentucky, and a lot of offices in other parts of the country. Adidas also has North American HQ in Portland, and then some offices South Carolina, NYC and also different parts of the country. Intel and Oracle have branches in the Portland area, while their headquarters are in Silicon Valley. Boeing also has offices all over the country too.

If you are not up for a big company, would you still go to industry expos related to cyber security?

Basically, the point of this post is that you might try finding some companies that will let you explore different parts of the country in some way shape or form. That way, you don't get stuck place all the time. Hope this helps. :thmbup:

Living in Oregon, I am obviously partial to saying you should move to Portland.

That being said, I do have a few questions that may be slightly off topic, but help out a lot:

What size of a company do you want to work for and do you enjoy traveling a lot? If yes to both, I might actually suggest a company that has multiple locations. That way, if you go on business trips, you can play in the area you move to, and still squeeze some time at courses in other parts of the country.

Some examples related to Portland and other parts of the country for you: Nike and Columbia have world headquarters in Beaverton (about 45 minutes from Portland), and they also have regional offices in NYC, Cali, distribution centers in Tennessee &/or Kentucky, and a lot of offices in other parts of the country. Adidas also has North American HQ in Portland, and then some offices South Carolina, NYC and also different parts of the country. Intel and Oracle have branches in the Portland area, while their headquarters are in Silicon Valley. Boeing also has offices all over the country too.

If you are not up for a big company, would you still go to industry expos related to cyber security?

Basically, the point of this post is that you might try finding some companies that will let you explore different parts of the country in some way shape or form. That way, you don't get stuck place all the time. Hope this helps. :thmbup:

As of right now I'm not picky on the size of the company I would want to work for. Both big and small companies have their perks/downfalls. I worked as a Security Administrator Intern this previous summer with an IT group of roughly 7 people so I was able to get a feel of what working in a small company could be like. I have yet to work in a bigger company.

Personally, I would love to travel. It gives you a chance to see what different places have to offer. If my job wouldn't require me to travel I would most definitely attend different tech trainings/expos around the country. I really want to attend DefCon and DerbyCon sometime soon.

It would be great to find a place to live along with a job lead from DGCR :D. I just need to do some searching for job openings in different places that I would want to live. Oregon, North Carolina, and Colorado seem like top picks for me at the moment.

Moving

I live in Minnesota and I can tell you we have a TON of really great discgolf courses..

That being said its November 6th and there's snow on the ground..
and I have buddies playing in shorts in Texas.

Texas is probably the best state.. year round discing, tons of stores including dynamic disc headquarters, the discnation store and a ton of courses!