• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing Discs - Part of the Game, but NOT part of the Fun

The worst is when you just forget to pick one up and leave it behind. I try to count my discs before a round and every couple of holes. I left my purple first run z nuke behind and took me 3 days to realize it and cant even remember the last time I threw it.

I swear I lose 90% of my discs this way. I almost never lose a disc because I can't find it after I throw it. It's not until I get that sick feeling when I grab for a disc and its not there that I realize I left it laying some where:doh:

The disc counting thing works great when i remember to do it.

I consider myself pretty lucky then. I have only lost one disc since I began playing 1-1/2 ago. I was playing the long tee on #12 at Armco White course. I threw a DX ArchAngel. It went to the right a little more than I intended and I heard it hit a tree solid, then I heard it hit the ground. I went to look for it and never found it, it was blue so I thought it would not be too difficult to find. This happened in May. Every time I play this course I will walk over to see if I see it anywhere. Luckily, I am only out $8 bucks, and considering how much I used it, I probably got my money's worth.

Losing discs sucks, but letting it ruin your round sucks more. I have a couple I feel like my round would be a total suckfest if I lost, but most of the time $10-$15 just has to go down the drain for the sake of a good round.

This^^

I have lost about 10 discs in my almost 2 year career and a lot of the time it has been a blessing in disguise. For instance, when I was a newb I lost my Boss, Destroyer, and Xcaliber all in the same week! I wonder why? I lost my aviar in a raging river after trying to drive with it and had to go buy a soft magnet which I now swear by. The losses I rue are my champion beasts. I literally had one for every season (Pink for winter, blue and neon green for fall and Red for spring and summer) and I lost all of them when I threw the wrong color for the season. The blue one disappeared in a snow bank, the red one slid under a bed of leaves and vanished, and the pink and neon green ones got washed away by the river.

I have lost 42 discs since I started using the DGCR disc organizer. There are three water holes on my home course. By now, it has just become part of the game and I try not to let it get to me. The only problem now is that I have downsized my bag and don't carry spares for casual rounds. When I threw my Flow into the lake at hole #8 yesterday, I was out a go to driver for the ramainder of the round.

I usually find (with no name and #'s) about the same amount that I lose

but I only throw about 250' so it's easier for me to keep track lol

None lost and none found yet. I forgot to get my putter out of the basket once though. Next basket, no putter :confused: :doh: Got it back.

I have lost 42 discs since I started using the DGCR disc organizer. There are three water holes on my home course. By now, it has just become part of the game and I try not to let it get to me. The only problem now is that I have downsized my bag and don't carry spares for casual rounds. When I threw my Flow into the lake at hole #8 yesterday, I was out a go to driver for the ramainder of the round.

42!?

Oh my god I'd be :wall: if I lost that many....or I may just stop playing that hole....

Yesterday I started my round at the local course in a good mood. On hole #1, I had to throw an approach shot over some water. I was worried about hitting the branches from the weeping willow that was guarding my shot. I throw my Aviar, it hit branches, falls, plops, gone, pissed. Fourth Aviar lost this year.

I got a Dynamic Disc Orc from my secret santa in July on here and was throwing it the other day. A guy was mowing so i decided to wait. He looks up at us and decides to go mow at another location, much out of my reach and well past the 340' pin location. I launch one down by the basket and as I leave the tee the guy decides to turn around and make one more pass. I run towards him hoping to point out my disc when *BOOOM* this disc shoots out from the deck going about 40 m.p.h. skips as a roller one time by the tee pad and flies on by my group and into the river. I cried a little that day:(

My spouse lost his double ace disc (only two aces he's had) this weekend playing in the rain and it apparently washed downstream and over a grating into a sewer under a bridge. He was in the deep water looking for it for about 20 minutes. Now he doesn't have a disc he can throw an anny with.

It was a super beat star sidewinder, and his other sidewinder has some age and use on it, but it won't hold an anny for him yet. He tried a bunch of other discs that should anny for him, but they don't work. His technique was grooved to that particular disc.

That's why I really resent water hazards in disc golf. Losing a ball in ball golf is just losing a ball. But losing a disc in disc golf can be permanent or lasting loss of an important option.

The other day while cleaning out violets closet I found a 161 pink champ monarch. I toss it in the bag figuring if nothing else it'll be fun to bomb on hole 14 at shore acres (600ft off the top of the hill). so we're out playing a round and get to 14, I throw my weapon of choice an esp nuke then throw its backup, then I figure why not and grab the monarch. I put a couple extra steps in my run up in an attempt to bomb a really high S curve and as soon as the disc leaves my hand I hear the loudest scream ever. I turn around and there's my little girl crying, she fell off the bench and on the way down it caught her in the side. 5 minutes later shes calmed down but I have zero clue as to which direction the pink monarch flew in. After about 20 minutes of looking in the two foot tall weeds that cover the massive field around the fairway we packed it up and called it a day.

I lost my 174g R-Pro Dart few days ago, on a hole I never thought I'd lose it. It was a sort 220-ish hole, and I threw it a bit too strong and too much to the left of the hole into the trees. I saw it go down, but I couldn't freaking find the disc. I couldn't believe it.... This was on heel on another disc I lost on the same course... A freaking new 170g Squall...

Two lost discs in few days? That's very unusual for me....

Went playing today in the rain with a new Champion Wraith That I wanted to try out

Hole #14- Rolled away from the basket downhill into the lake.....found it
Hole #15- Dropped short of the hole into the mud on the edge of the lake...found it again
Hole #16- Overthrew the hole and skipped on gravel into the lake...found it again
Hole #18-got a late curve back and landed in the mud on the side of the lake...again...and found it again

So...I dont think i'm gonna use the wraith by water anymore.

I've only lost 1 disc by my own doing, and it was a DX Destroyer that was used as a dog toy. Two of my other discs were thrown into a pond by other peoples' doing. Both discs have since been replaced by equal or better discs.

I guess you shouldn't throw anything you aren't ready to lose.

I got a Dynamic Disc Orc from my secret santa in July on here and was throwing it the other day. A guy was mowing so i decided to wait. He looks up at us and decides to go mow at another location, much out of my reach and well past the 340' pin location. I launch one down by the basket and as I leave the tee the guy decides to turn around and make one more pass. I run towards him hoping to point out my disc when *BOOOM* this disc shoots out from the deck going about 40 m.p.h. skips as a roller one time by the tee pad and flies on by my group and into the river. I cried a little that day:(

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. :D

:(

I don't lose many discs. It's been a long time since i lost one. Sylmar doesn't have the kind of brush on it that makes discs vanished and I can't get to the other local courses. I did send an Eagle swimming in the lake at Oak Grove about 8 months ago or so.

Latest posts