• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Friend didn't lose his disc. He lost it phone on the course. Who loses a iphone in leaves then searches for 4 hours trying to find it? Disc golfers...... THATS WHO. Most expensive loss to date while discing.

A few months back there were paper signs attached to the tee signs on every hole of my local course that read "lost my wedding ring somewhere on the course, reward if found, please call (number)"

No idea what happened but the signs were gone a couple days later, I assume someone turned it in but I doubt the poor guy's wife will ever let him play again

I have also found an iphone on the course, fortunately the guy was only a few holes ahead of me (confirmed it was him by having his buddy dial the number)

Lost a black Discraft Stratus with gold PDGA membership stamp at 2017 Bowling Green AMs this year at Keiriakes. Several people told me they saw it on the course during the round but apparently didn't have the courtesy to pick it up and return it. Name and number on the back. Also, if anyone has one they'd be willing to get rid of please let me know. Thanks.

Anybody else keep losing the same brand over and over? So far I've lost 3 MVP and an axiom. Is this just a sign to not throw them? Not that they're bad disc but it seems there is some bad juju between me and the gyro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go thru stretches where I don't lose any, then I'll get a new disc and lose 2-3 of them fairly quickly. The year the tesla came out, I lost 4 or 5 of them in less than three months. Same thing with the Wave. Lost 4 of them in the first couple months they were released.

I doubt it's an "MVP thing" more likely just bad throws with new discs. I will say that MVP discs can be hard to locate in the weeds because of the black rims. The only axiom disc I can remember losing was a Wrath I threw in a lake...

I lost a red G Star Destroyer last Saturday at The Hollows in Manchester, NH. I'm so annoyed as we were playing doubles and I just let it sit. It wasn't in a crazy spot, just out in the open. We played a second round right after and it was already gone. Had my number on it and everything. Grrrr, just give someone a call or text them if you find a disc. Sorry, rant over. It's on me for letting it sit.

Farewell to a 12 year old that's been in the bag for a long while. An "old mold" Z Predator found water, and despite some brief attempts, it remains in murky Oklahoma water. I give it a 10% chance of a call back. I'm not sure if its old, beat-up nature makes a call more or less likely.

Isn't that a disc that is just begging to be lost?;) I mean, come on.

I cant argue with...
th

Lost Disc at Ewing Park, DSM

Lost a brand new tie-dye champ Boss. At Ewing Park in DSM, threw from the original tee pad for hole 17 (not the new one). It hyzer'ed more than I'd like, but did make it past the first big batch of trees to the right. It landed somewhere in the open but I was completely unable to find it.

Hate losing brand new discs, especially in the open!

I lost a brand new S-PD2 last week on its second throw. We recently had a lot of rain (for Colorado) and the creek at my local course was running high and fast. I decided to throw the PD2 on a hyzer fading away from the creek to be extra safe. It landed a good 100' clear of the creek and got up on its side. I watched it slowly start rolling toward the creek. Started running from the tee box to no avail. It rolled into the creek and out of sight. I looked for 30 minutes hoping to catch a glance of it (bright orange disc) to throw my retriever at but no luck. I hate losing a disc when I play a hole exactly as I intended.

Lost a white marshal with a purplish holo type stamp, and a purple and pink swirl star gator at VisionQuest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stuck a Latitude 64 Diamond 152g disc in a tree on hole 18 of my favorite local course. It's a down hill shot so the disc wound up about 35 feet or so off the ground. I threw my half full water bottle at it for 30 minutes or so until I was exhausted and exasperated.

I came back the next day, played the course again, and the disc was still there. I start throwing the water bottle again and on the second throw stuck the water bottle in the fork of the tree. :wall: Said a few choice words and left the course.

Day three rolls around and I played the course again, disc still in the tree, and I started throwing a water bottle again. About that time several other younger players came by and offered to give it a try. One of them picked up a chunk of wood about a foot and a half long and three inches diameter and on his second throw he nailed it and down my disc come. Thanked them over and over again. Was sure glad to get that little disc back!:thmbup:

Last edited:
I stuck a Latitude 64 Diamond 152g disc in a tree on hole 18 of my favorite local course. It's a down hill shot so the disc wound up about 35 feet or so off the ground. I threw my half full water bottle at it for 30 minutes or so until I was exhausted and exasperated.

I came back the next day, played the course again, and the disc was still there. I start throwing the water bottle again and on the second throw stuck the water bottle in the fork of the tree. :wall: Said a few choice words and left the course.

Day three rolls around and I played the course again, disc still in the tree, and I started throwing a water bottle again. About that time several other younger players came by and offered to give it a try. One of them picked up a chunk of wood about a foot and a half long and three inches diameter and on his second throw he nailed it and down my disc come. Thanked them over and over again. Was sure glad to get that little disc back!:thmbup:

Ha. This reminds me of a good story. We were playing behind a very casual group of golfers at a local course and got stuck behind them as they were trying to get a disc from high in the tree. I was playing with by bud Zach Johnson who is a very talented disc golfer and one of those highly coordinated types. We watched these guys for like 10 minutes before yelling down the fairway at them to play through. We all threw our shots and as Zach is walking by he picks up a limb and knocks the disc out of the tree first try. It was hysterical.

Lost a bright green-yellow axiom clash on hole 11 of the menomonie middle school park on menomonie wi tonight. Flicked it forehand and thought i spotted the landing but after 25 mins had to give up the search. Had my 2 year old with me. Never left a disc before. Thats one of my faves and im @$!!#: to have lost it. Will happily trade any of my non bagged discs (which arent anything great but still) for its return. Hoping for luck!!

Farewell to a 12 year old that's been in the bag for a long while. An "old mold" Z Predator found water, and despite some brief attempts, it remains in murky Oklahoma water. I give it a 10% chance of a call back. I'm not sure if its old, beat-up nature makes a call more or less likely.

I got this one back yesterday, but only after someone sold it to our local used disc seller. Fortunately, that guy lost it, but my number was still on the disc and more noticeable than the new owner's.

So I now have my disc again (which performed beautifully on the course today) but with the unpleasant addition of "$9.99" and some guy's name and number. I kinda feel bad that the guy wasted ten bucks buying a disc that he lost, only to be returned to me. Mixed feelings here... :confused: At least I feel a little bit less guilty about not supporting the local "brick and mortar" store.

Yesterday at Hambrick someone stole our Lat 64 Bite. It was a pink bite with the stamp completely worn off, and it said Vida on the back with my brother's 614 phone number. We were walking to hole 10 and some pimply faced teenager was sitting on the bench smoking weed with earbuds in and our pup went to sniff his dog that was large and brown and white. She must have dropped her disc and we didn't see, and then the kid walked away with our disc when we had our backs turned. COOL.

2 in the water at cliff stevens with no name or number on them, yellow champ thunderbird on 18 and white dx Teebird on 16.

Latest posts