• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lost packages from USPS?

I received the note on my door a few years ago showing that my package was at the post office and they would deliver it the next day if nobody was home. Package never showed up although the tracking number said it had been delivered...went round and round with the post office on it but they kept insisting that if tracking showed it was delivered then it must have been delivered, although somebody took the time to fill out the note left on my door by hand. Haha so the rule of thumb is, order enough plastic at a time to justify using ups. Luckily I haven't had any issues with the post office at where i live now, but my postmaster is also a fellow discer.

I've never had anything lost in the mail except one FedEx package (golf balls) about five years ago. USPS is great for me, and I both ship and receive a lot of stuff USPS (especially Priority Mail - a great bargain for packages of the right sizes).

Are you sure your mailman is not a disc golfer? USPS as a whole can be good with a few bad seeds...

Have packages delivered to a friends house, or call ups when order is made with tracking and ask them to leave at local facility and you pick it up there.

in the past 35 years i have had exactly 1 package lost by the po and it was something that was sent media mail which they eventually found 9 months later...

Talk to leasing office. Normally you have to sign something saying you'll accept them signing for and accepting packages on your behalf. If you live in a big apt complex, and they don't take all packages into the office, that is poor work. That sucks. I'd start using UPS/fedex instead and make it get signed for by your leasing office. I stay away from USPS on packages as much as possible (unless signature required) for this same reason.

i usually use usps because they deliver my packages in a locked box. me and my room mate have had packages from ups stolen off our door step. most recently about 2 weeks ago my room mate had a package sent to him and we found it torn apart in the middle of the complex

i usually use usps because they deliver my packages in a locked box. me and my room mate have had packages from ups stolen off our door step. most recently about 2 weeks ago my room mate had a package sent to him and we found it torn apart in the middle of the complex

That should have been a clue to stop having stuff shipped to your apartment. Have it shipped to your office instead. Or better yet...move.

It also shows that it's not a USPS problem.

That should have been a clue to stop having stuff shipped to your apartment. Have it shipped to your office instead. Or better yet...move.

It also shows that it's not a USPS problem.
A less drastic suggestion might be getting an off premises mailbox. Not everyone has the ability to get packages at work.

A less drastic suggestion might be getting an off premises mailbox. Not everyone has the ability to get packages at work.

Drastic indeed :thmbup:

The point being that if your stuff keeps getting stolen at your apartment, you need to come up with an alternate solution pretty quickly. And it will probably be a good idea to not keep your discs & bag in the car in order to prevent a 'my gear got stolen' thread down the road.

Last edited:
Get a PO Box, that way it gets to you quicker and if it's been "delivered" they would have something to answer if it weren't there. This would also remove another pair of hands from the transaction. I hate when my discs are even a little bit late, let alone lose them entirely!

well it looks really expensive to get one here that would fit discs, upwards of 200. and i dont have money for that, but maybe i can work **** out with usps since they lost 4 of my packages and they can give me a deal on one. ill look into it thanks

well it looks really expensive to get one here that would fit discs, upwards of 200. and i dont have money for that, but maybe i can work **** out with usps since they lost 4 of my packages and they can give me a deal on one. ill look into it thanks

I'm not sure, but I don't think you need a box large enough to hold a disc...only large enough to hold a slip of paper saying they have a package for you. sure you have to deal with a teller every so often but cheaper box.

G'luck

Just get the smallest size and they'll put a notice in your box when something doesn't fit. You can also request they place stuff that won't fit in your box in a parcel locker in the lobby if you can't make it to the P.O. when the window is open.

The UPS Store has mailbox services as well, but I have no idea on cost.

My suggestion, stop having things delivered via USPS. Since you keep having things go missing.
Try to have things shipped via UPS or Fedex. Tell whomever you're purchasing from to request that a signature is required and possibly insure it. That way if they were to leave it on your door step without it getting signed then you'd have a better chance of getting your items and negotiating a claim. It might be a little bit more expensive but its better to get your package then to not get them at all.
If you could have your items shipped to work or a family members house then that would also increase your chances of getting your goods.

Don't get me started on UPS delivered boxes.
After stressing out from losing boxes to people swiping them off my front step to UPS drivers handing the package to people other than me, I went to the post office and got the smallest po box available (like mentioned above.)

You sign a form that allows you to use the post office street address. That way UPS and Fedex will ship boxes there and you get a slip in your po box letting you know they are holding a box for you.

Happy to report I am no longer losing sleep over disappearing boxes. Worth the price of the box for sure.

Latest posts