• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

Picked up a max weight Gaz in dx a few weeks ago. Wished I had a few years ago, these are pretty sweet.

This summer I decided to disc down on my fairways and it's starting to pay off. I can throw Teebirds and Eagles fine but I noticed they punish me with an early fade if I don't give them enough. My Gazelle doesn't seem to do that, and I am getting the same distance as my faster fairways.

I really am surprised that no one around here throws them, they are a pretty sweet disc.

How do the pro shop pro's and the cfr glows fly? I really like the flight in dx, I just know it won't last forever. If the glows beat to pretty straight and the pro's are just more durable but beat in like dx I would be happy. Not interested in the cfr's if they are beefy, I throw a beefier teebirdish Polaris for more stable shots.

The cfrs are more beefy when new but they beat to straight very well. I pretty much only throw glos now and I keep 2 in the bag occasionally a third with the 2nd and 3rd solely begin thrown on second tee shots(practice) for wear.

Can't believe I'd never even tried throwing a Gazelle before today. That was a mistake..complete dumb@ss, for never trying it before. :wall:

Not claiming it's the greatest disc ever, but it's particularly well suited to my throwing style/armspeed. Loving what I did with it today.

Oh man thus three makes me want to throw them again. Almost the same range as my buzz though. Idk man gazelle is a sick disc. I got stacks of them still

I bought a pair of star gazelles in the mid 150s at I've been practicing with for about two months. Maybe they're better in heavier weights, but I just don't have a use for mine. They are a little too finicky when thrown with more than 60% power.

Are Star and DX totally different? What does everyone on here prefer?

Can't believe I'd never even tried throwing a Gazelle before today. That was a mistake..complete dumb@ss, for never trying it before. :wall:

Not claiming it's the greatest disc ever, but it's particularly well suited to my throwing style/armspeed. Loving what I did with it today.

I have loved the KC Pro gazelles for a while, specifically the 11X. Yesterday I threw a new DX gazelle in the field for the first time and WOW. Still plenty stable, but the glide was insane. And the fade is much less pronounced. It flew past every other driver I tossed in the field that day.

Looks like people are rediscovering this disc. Good. I've been throwing the same DX one for about a year now, and it's still holding up. Once you beat DX in (which doesn't take long), it takes forever to beat it past useability. I always carry at least one DX (just added a fresh one just because it's brighter in color) and a Jolly Launcher. The JL is much beefier, but it fits in nicely between my DX and a Banshee. The Gazelle is the only disc other than Leopards that I throw backhand off of the tee.

Yesterday I threw a new DX gazelle in the field for the first time and WOW. Still plenty stable, but the glide was insane. And the fade is much less pronounced. It flew past every other driver I tossed in the field that day.

I got a somewhat beat DX Gazelle as a "bonus" in a trade, and that's exactly how I'd describe it... just flippy enough for me to turn over a bit, but does so in a nice, controlled fashion, and get a full flight pattern, and just went (a surprising amount of glide), finishing with a fairly soft fade. Seemed much longer than I can throw a Tee Bird, and about as far as I can throw most distance drivers.

If I back off just a bit, it goes nice and straight, with a gentle fade. Just received a *GZ that I'll try later today... curious to see what it throws like. :)

I'm curious about the Star ones too. I have three of them, but have only thrown two. The two F2s that I've used are pretty flat and fade harder (like JL does). I have a regular Pro Shop one that's domier, but I don't need it yet so it's just sitting in a box somewhere with about 52 other Gazelles...

So what are you Gazelle throwers pairing with them for understable stuff? I can get my beat DX Gaz to do nice turnovers from anny but not from flat. Thinking the answer is Leopard (Pro?) but just curious what else people are throwing with them.