• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

If the factory store does the runs, I will definitely buy the KC Pro and Champion runs, and more than 1 of each.....

It seems like most people on this thread throw non-stock versions of the Gazelle. I also do. But the DX is and always has been my main backhand disc. Being that Disc Golf Center and Chainbangers no longer carry them, I reached out to Innova again just to see if they're out of production or what the plan is. I stated that I understand that the Pro Shop and DGU carry other plastics, but wanted to know if the DX would still be available. Their not helpful at all response suggested that I try the Pro Shop if my usual providers are unable to order me a DX. Because they currently offer three other plastics at the Pro Shop. Glad they told me something I had just told them in my original question...

I love love love dx gazelles but I don't throw them too much anymore except for beat skyhigh roller shots and while they're fresh. Sucks that they didn't answer you, but I don't think they're oop yet.

The domey star gazelles are decent enough approximations imo. :/

Just picked up a 5/10 11x KC Gazelle out of a used bin for $11. Someone had spray painted over most of the top, but I managed to get it off with about 20 minutes of work with acetone.

This thing is wonderful. I haven't thrown a lot of Gazelles, but this one has just the right amount of stability to just go dead straight off a hyzer-flip. Also sneaky-long which is nice too. I had forgotten how much I like the old candy KC plastic since I lost my last Teebird a few years ago.

Just picked up a 5/10 11x KC Gazelle out of a used bin for $11. Someone had spray painted over most of the top, but I managed to get it off with about 20 minutes of work with acetone.

This thing is wonderful. I haven't thrown a lot of Gazelles, but this one has just the right amount of stability to just go dead straight off a hyzer-flip. Also sneaky-long which is nice too. I had forgotten how much I like the old candy KC plastic since I lost my last Teebird a few years ago.

I know the exact disc you're talking about. Chainbangers posts on FB every now and then telling people to come get their lost plastic, and that one was in the front of one of those pics a few months back. Broke my heart. I still would have bought it for $11 though. I have at least a dozen 11x's. Some used, some minty wall hangers. Just be careful throwing it this time of year. I cracked one at Stilly last year when it was about 40 degrees out. Less than a week later my buddy shattered an 11x KC Teebird at Lake Stevens on his first throw ever with it. I throw a flat top Star in the winter and the 11x in the summer because they're nearly identical in flight and I want both to last.

I know the exact disc you're talking about. Chainbangers posts on FB every now and then telling people to come get their lost plastic, and that one was in the front of one of those pics a few months back. Broke my heart. I still would have bought it for $11 though. I have at least a dozen 11x's. Some used, some minty wall hangers. Just be careful throwing it this time of year. I cracked one at Stilly last year when it was about 40 degrees out. Less than a week later my buddy shattered an 11x KC Teebird at Lake Stevens on his first throw ever with it. I throw a flat top Star in the winter and the 11x in the summer because they're nearly identical in flight and I want both to last.

The acetone was a pain, but is flying like a dream now. I am looking forward to making Les jealous at the SeaTac tourney on Saturday.

I throw 10x and 11x all winter long, and I'm just a poke down the road from you fellows.

But I want new KCs. Please, guys, send Innova an email (see above).

I have sent that email multiple times. Hopefully it happens at some point.

I haven't mentioned it in the emails but I really really want another run of CS Champion Gazelles too.

Gazelles are pretty neat:

picture.php

Not pictured: The ones in my bag and the backups in my trunk.

Attachments

• Gaz.jpg
    Gaz.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 14
Gazelles are pretty neat:

picture.php

Not pictured: The ones in my bag and the backups in my trunk.

I took individual photos of my collection last night. Once I have them in an album I'll either post a link here or try to get a photo or six of the lot. Which I had planned to do BEFORE seeing this. Way to try to steal my thunder :D.